276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Empire of Gold: Book 3 (The Daevabad Trilogy)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In a line, I want to give credit for the music that suited this drama’s business theme in a magnificent way. Rome wasn’t built in a day. And neither was modern-day South Korea. Golden Empire chronicles the rise of a conglomerate empire from the early 90’s through the new millenium. At the eye of the storm is Jang Tae-joo (Ko Soo), who goes from rags-to-riches and devotedly raises his little sister after the death of their father. He’s a conscientious, self-made man with every opportunity at his feet — until the emergence of a threatening power struggle. When Tae Joo falls for the heiress Choi Seo-yoon (Lee Yo-won), he also meets his greatest rival: Seo-yoon’s cousin Choi Min-jae (Son Hyeon-joo). The nation is the golden prize, and it’s winner takes all, but when it's a family affair, who reigns supreme? Get ready for two decades of love and war! Someone famous once said that you know a story has a good ending when no one’s really 100% happy with it. Because that’s how you know it’s real. The Empire of Gold, the conclusion of author S.A. Chakraborty’s rich, magical Daevabad trilogy is just such an ending – one that will leave readers very happy and very sad by turns, but utterly satisfied all the same.

The Empire of Gold: A Novel (The Daevabad Trilogy, 3) The Empire of Gold: A Novel (The Daevabad Trilogy, 3)

FYI, the series has recently been optioned by Netflix. Lots of books get optioned without being produced, so we will wait and see before getting all excited. But how great would it be to see this in a gazillion episodes at tGOT production values? I am ready to binge now. The empire was central to several key trading routes, and with the support of a well-trained army, Mali became a strong and powerful empire.This series made me realize that love is powerful, it can get you through a lot and make you stronger. But it's not everything. Friendship and family are always there when love is challenged. I thought i couldn't read more about Nahri and Dara being apart, but the fact that I enjoyed, that I loved them being in love but apart, just reminds me that you can do everything you want, that you can be a Nahri in a world of Manizehs.

Empire of Gold (The Daevabad Trilogy) by S.A Chakraborty The Empire of Gold (The Daevabad Trilogy) by S.A Chakraborty

Finally, the last part of the book (Part 4) was great. I think Chakraborty achieved a fantastic mix of melancholic sadness for what was lost or even just changed and a kind of guarded hopefulness for what the future holds. I was happy with the conclusion. This is such a emotional review i know, but i don't want to say much about it beside.. just gooo gooo read it if you haven't I loved seeing more of Jamshid in this book, and getting to know him a little better! I adore the sibling bonds in this series and the development of that in this book is one of my favorite parts! Jang Tae-joo comes from nothing, and his ambition is fuelled after witnessing the misfortunes of his poor hardworking father. After their father dies, Tae-joo, along with his mother, raises his little sister Hee-joo on his own, and fights tooth and nail to rise to the top relying on his cunning wits. Smart, passionate, and driven, he endures contempt and humiliation as he works relentlessly towards his dreams of success and wealth. But betrayal and exploitation gradually turn him into a cold-hearted, ruthless mogule. He marries Seo-yoon, although he loves Seol-hee.Go Soo and Park Geun-hyung reunited with each other after they worked in another SBS TV series Marrying A Millionaire where Park played father of Go Soo's character, Lee Yo-won reunited with Park for the 3rd time in this series after they worked first in another SBS TV series Surgeon Bong Dal-hee and second in KBS series Cruel Love.

Empire of Gold - streaming tv show online - JustWatch

An, So-hyoun (23 April 2013). "Go Soo to Star in Drama Empire of Gold". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Archived from the original on 4 July 2013 . Retrieved 12 June 2013. Manizheh is a monster, she made Ghassa look like a saint, to make things worse she thought she was doing the right thing, she was indeed lost. It's actually sad.Unfortunately, Shannon’s attempts to display the inner-conflict with regards to his love and loyalty for his Banu-Nahida on one hand and the fact that she is clearly going bat-shit crazy and genocidal on the other, often just ended in him doing contradictory things that kept robbing me of getting on board with his redemption. On a number of occasions, he commits a terrible act only to immediately lament the shedding of further blood and sowing of more fear… And then does it all over again. Narrator: Musa became the Emperor of Mali, the Mansa, in 1312. His predecessor had travelled to explore the far reaches of the Atlantic Ocean and never returned. Mansa Musa ruled for the next 25 years and used Mali's military might to control the trade routes of the Sahara and the Niger River, greatly expanding the wealth and power of the empire. But all jokes aside, this was a very accomplished ending to the trilogy. Character arcs were neatly resolved, narratives concluded, antagonists defeated. Every single character at the end of the book was pointed in a direction that I was incredibly pleased with, and I absolutely confess I wish we had a selection of post-ending short stories. And that is the reason why I have a selection of post-EoG Muntadhir x Jamshid fanfic loaded up on A03. Also, I'm out here for Zaynab and Aqisa being either really good friends or sapphics or both.

Empire of Gold - Season 1 - IMDb

this book is the X on the map, the lost city of wonder, the hidden oasis in the desert. it is the final resting point at which a traveller can see just how far they have come, understand just how much they learned and grew from the challenges they faced, all while being surrounded by old friends and new ones they made along the way. The entire series is set in a magical city and Egypt, mostly the former. The characters are all coloured and most of them are Muslims, I especially liked the Muslim part, it's a breath of fresh air. The depictions of the clothes and weapons is well done, I loved it.

That’ll do. My god, this review is long! If you have read until the end, I’m both proud of and a little bit concerned about you. If you know me at all you’ll know how much this series means to me. I’ve fallen in love with this world and characters since the first book released and I’ve been waiting desperately – and nervously – for the final book. In Timbuktu and the neighbouring market city of Djenné, Mansa Musa built many Islamic schools and universities. He encouraged the development of science, architecture, literature and Islamic learning. TL;DR: A wonderful, moving ending to the Daevabad trilogy. Chakraborty knows how to work the emotions, and I absolutely recommend this trilogy to all! But the bloodletting and loss of his beloved Nahri have unleashed the worst demons of Dara’s dark past. To vanquish them, he must face some ugly truths about his history and put himself at the mercy of those he once considered enemies.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment