276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SUNLU Filament Dryer, 3D Filament Dry Box, Reduce Moisture for 3D Printer Filament, Compatible with Nylon PA ABS PETG PLA Filament 1.75/2.85/3.00mm, Storage Box, FilaDryer S1, Black

£279.995£559.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A few users have actually tested the temperatures that are displayed on the dryer box and they say it’s accurate. The ease of use is one of the main reasons why so many users love this machine. Second, the container section of the Filament Dryer Pro has a double wall. This makes it 100% certain that no moisture will ever reach your filament spools.

so i don’t know if formfutura’s easyfil has magic proprietary ingredients? i kind of think all dyed PLA has better material properties for most purposes than the clear stuff? or, for all i know, that undyed PLA was actually fine filament that had just seen an extremely bad storage situation at some point in its history? Consider how much filament you have open at one time. If you regularly switch between several different filaments, you would benefit from a large-capacity storage solution. If you tend to use only one or two rolls at a time, a smaller capacity is most likely sufficient. HumidityWhen a polymer absorbs water it begins to increase in size. The more water it absorbs the bigger the size increase will be. If the diameter of your filament has increased by 10% or more, it is likely that absorbed water is the cause. This, in particular, is well-liked among people who have bought the SUNLU Dry Box. They say that it was able to dry their filament and make it as good as new. Just be ready to take some time to learn the unintuitive LCD controls. But with handy presets for different filaments, it’s easy to get great results once you get the hang of it. eSun eBox Dryers include a vacuum-sealed chamber to prevent more moisture from getting in, meaning they also double as an effective filament storage solution, extending the lifespan of your materials.

It really does depend on the quality of your filament and how much moisture has been absorbed, but having a dry box can be helpful but not needed. Moisture can be dried out of filament quite easily. To use a desiccant, you have to get yourself an airtight container or bag that can comfortably store your 3D printer filament. The size of the container entirely depends on you.Image: Ken73 via Thingiverse This solution can be used with any appropriately sized vacuum bag Plastic Storage Boxes How do you fix it? Holding a polyester at temperatures slightly below the glass transition temperature (Tg) will build molecular weight. I’ve measured the Tg of filaments from 6 different vendors and the average is 62 C, so holding the print or filament at 55 C for multiple hours. People refer to this as annealing, but the correct term is solid state polymerization (SSP) . It is very slow and can take days for poor quality material. Vacuum doesn’t speed it up. This is occasionally done in industry when higher, more consistent performance is needed. I use Sunlu driers and put spools in for 1+ days before I first use them then again around printing time. Eventually SSPing will reach a maximum, but unless you do chemical testing you won’t know for certain. You can’t over SSP, so I just use the drier every time I print. As for drying times, this is where food dehydrators really tail off compared to filament dryers with optimized drying settings and cycles. Typically, most filaments will dry somewhere between 4-6 hours in a food dehydrator but this isn’t an exact science. On Thingiverse, there are many 3D-printed upgrades for the eBox dryer, including mounting solutions, filament hole caps, and a fan guard. Price and availability Filament dryers are like storage boxes for your filament with temperature and atmosphere controls to create the best environment to increase the longevity of your filaments.

How easy and accessible your filament storage solution is to use can make a huge difference in your user experience. A storage solution that allows you to print directly from the container is more convenient than, say, vacuum-sealed bags that only protect the filament while it’s not in use. How to Choose Desiccants for Filament Storage Rechargeability These 3D printing-purpose bags are the easier option for most because they come with a few bags, and each one is properly sized to fit one filament spool. But if you find a much larger bag that fits a few spools at once, there shouldn’t be a big downside, so go for it! The EIBOS Filament Dryer also comes with a humidity sensor, a handy extra feature. Its large size also allows it to fit up to 4 rolls of 0.5 kg (1.1 lb) spool. The problem is all 3D printer filaments are hygroscopic. This means in the air, they’ll absorb moisture over time and retain it. This 72 quart tub held 16 full 1KG spools, making it a bit awkward to carry. Dry Out Damaged FilamentWhile wet filament usually doesn’t appear any different than dry filament while on the spool, there are a few major indicators that your 3D printing filament has absorbed moisture. Brittleness

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment