276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Bedtime Book of Impossible Questions

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A Guardian Best Book of 2022!“Top-notch nonfiction from a profoundly accomplished author, it’s the sort of book that could ignite lifelong scientific curiosity.”

WOW! This book is incredible! Do animals make friends? How many trees are there in the whole world? Could I ever touch a rainbow? The Bedtime Book of Impossible Questions answers all these questions and a whole bunch more.Collecting together the most bamboozling questions I’ve ever been asked by children, it’s a celebration of curiosity, and a treasure trove of answers written to be read aloud . Writing non-fiction for young audiences is a process of careful curation. What stays in, what gets left out? Which concepts need extra scaffolding? Which analogies will help children make an emotional connection? Which metaphors might cause misconceptions? My answers don’t come from comparing as many texts as possible, but from knowing and understanding my audience. Recommended by Children’s Books Ireland on Today with Claire Byrne!“This book is absolutely mind-blowing, and I would have loved it as a child.”

Recommended by ReadPlus!“Right from the very first chapter, ‘Shall I tell you a secret?’ where the author tells the reader that science is about asking questions, it is clear this will become a treasured bedtime or indeed, anytime book.” David Almond introduces his new picture book, A Way to the Stars, a story about perseverance and finding a way to make dreams come true. Bestselling author Alexandra Christo, author of TikTok sensation To Kill a Kingdom, introduces her new book, The Night Hunt (Hot Key Books), a dark... Full of fascinating facts and awesome illustrations, my daughter and I have barely scratched the surface of this large book that has almost 100 questions and answers. There are answers to questions I haven't even thought of! Each question is answered in a fun, accessible way and big concepts are explored with ease and joy. I am looking forward to finding out more truths about the universe, the world and all the creatures within it by continuing to make my way through this book. The questions continue to flow at home. A 2017 study revealed that the average four-year-old ask s 73 questions a day . And the average parent knows that t he most wonderful – and hardest to answer – are always saved for bedtime!If you are using Moth or Fox as part of your curriculum, this is the workshop for you! Students will learn how I go about researching and writing a lyrical non-fiction book, meet some real-life moth caterpillars with superpowers, and craft their own science-based art or poetry. The Nottinghill Carnival takes central stage in this story about families, memories and the power of dance and festivals. Author Yaba Badoe tells... I also run an online, low-cost course for writers, illustrators, teachers and scientists who would like to turn a great idea into a non-fiction book proposal. Find out more here.

As one blogger brilliantly summed up, “At bedtime, my children turn into dehydrated philosophers in need of a hug.” With bright, bold illustrations by Aaron Cushley, Isabel Thomas’ The Bedtime Book of Impossible Questions explores a huge range of scientific topics in an engaging way that’s sure to satisfy committed young thinkers. Moreover, it’s also set to inspire 7+ year-olds who’ve yet to be sparked by the magic of science and nature. ChatGPT handled my straightforward science questions with impressive ease. At first, it feels like a GPS for navigating the Internet sprawl – avoiding the pile up of search engine results on your way the information you need. It’s easy to see why it has already been incorporated into science and maths tutoring systems, and can even pass some of the world’s toughest exams.I love bringing science to the stage and screen, in live events for schools and festivals. In the last few years I have appeared at the Royal Institution, Cheltenham Literature Festival, Isle of Wight Literary Festival, Cheltenham Science Festival, Bradford Literary Festival, Oxford Literary Festival, Bourneville LitFest, Wealden Literary Festival, Linton Bookfest, the AAAS Annual Conference and on BBC Woman’s Hour. I've also spoke to hundreds of children in dozens of school visits. This book would suit a wide range of ages, from five-year-olds who ask a million questions a day themselves, to 11-year-olds who are curious and ready to absorb the information and facts. My daughter and I highly recommend The Bedtime Book of Impossible Questions! The Bedtime Book of Impossible Questions Why are bubbles always round? Could I ever touch a rainbow? Why can’t I remember being a baby?

Science is driven by questions, and not just sensible ones. Every year, the Ig Nobel Prizes honour the most improbable questions asked – and answered – by researchers . Is it safer to transport an airborne rhinoceros upside-down ? Are cats liquid or solid? Why do wombats do cube-shaped poos? With more than 200 published titles, there is a book in my repertoire to delight every child, from the lyrical and atmospheric picture books Moth: An Evolution Story and Fox: A Circle of Life Story, to the quirky Bedtime Book of Impossible Questions. Older children and teenagers will love Exploring the Elements and Full of Life, and for young conservationists and eco-activitists, I've created This Book is Not Rubbish and This Book Will (Help) Cool the Climate. I offer full-day or half day visits, starting with a 30-minute assembly and moving on to interactive workshops that integrate science and literacy learning. I just wanted to to say, thank you again for taking time out of your day to talk to us. The kids absolutely loved it and certainly felt inspired to hear how you became a writer (one of our SEND boys created his own book right away about space after hearing you talk). We were also impressed by your knowledge about science with all our silly science questions." Thank you so much for your amazing hard work and preparation for the fantastic three events today. It was so lovely to see all the children and teachers enjoying it."Isabel Thomas, author of The Bedtime Book of Impossible Questions, tells the FCBG about her book and the reasons behind writing it. Thank you for the most engaging, stimulating and informative forty minutes via Zoom and for providing brilliant answers to our children's three impossible questions! You have inspired our Y5 children no end!" Author Anna Kemp introduces The Hollow Hills, the sequel to her dark magical tale, Into Goblyn Wood. At first glance, ChatGPT’s answer for a seven-year-old is thoughtful. “Just like toys and machines ,” it begins, “our bodies are made up of lots of tiny parts called cells. As we get older, these cells stop working as well as they used to, and they don’t fix themselves as easily. This can make our bodies feel tired and not work as well. ”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment