276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pet Sounds - Stereo [VINYL]

£13.825£27.65Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I got mine for a quid and keep it in the racks as part of my Beach Boys collection, but the 70s Reprise release is the one I listen to. The stereo mix gives a little more air, but the mono ones show the true density of the material presented here, just as Brian himself intended. Pet Sounds has taken on mythical attributes that it cannot possibly live up to, yet anyone who dares criticize the release is seen to be without intelligence, without a soul, without the decency to respect what Brian Wilson in the midst of his drugged out haze and mental breakdown had done. Love that it lists each musician from each session for each song, Glen Campbell really played his part on this one.

Pet Sounds From Analogue Productions | Analog Planet Pet Sounds From Analogue Productions | Analog Planet

The instruments blend together like a carpet strewn about a finely sanded off, glossy wood floor - this is including the beautiful vocals. Hey all, I'm having trouble figuring out which pressing I have, hoping someone might have some insight.This could have been a great budget release but unfortunately they decided to press this record at United.

Again: Pet Sounds 50th anniversary box set on the way Do It Again: Pet Sounds 50th anniversary box set on the way

The A11 thing makes had me looking somewhere in between the LA pressings but I could find the A11 thing anywhere else. Plus the DVD with the George Martin/Wilson Rhythm of Life and all of the surround sound mixes just for a bit of fun. As to the album’s sound, it was breathtaking, coming across as if Brian Wilson was no longer walking among us, and for the most part, locked in his room, he wasn’t. If at first the record's grooves don't appear to be positioned on-center, Stop your turntable and utilize the loose spindle hole to reposition the record. One thing for sure, everyone who worked with Brian Wilson in the studio and was in the documentary all said he was a genius like non other in our times.I’ve used the original Pet Sounds as a reference since 1969, and part of the soundtrack when there is a surfboard on the roof of my car.

Pet Sounds (1966, Los Angeles Pressing The Beach Boys – Pet Sounds (1966, Los Angeles Pressing

The album is "psychedelic" only because of its eclectic mix of acoustic and electric instruments, sound effects and musical structures that roam from Martin Denny exotica to rock to jazz—you name it. Today (December 21,2015) was to have been the latest release date for the second batch of stereo vinyl Beach Boys releases from Analog Productions(AKA "Acoustic Sounds").That's nothing new, but it's just interesting that it seems so much worse with this particular title. There’s lots of audiophile nerdiness I could mention, but simply put: there are a million, bajillion pressings of this masterpiece, and I can’t imagine any of them sounding better than this one. The idea of having the 2012 stereo remix on vinyl appealed to me as a collector, but it is not crucial.

is Pet Sounds so expensive?- Vinyl Engine Why is Pet Sounds so expensive?- Vinyl Engine

The vinyl itself definitely needed a good cleaning, and there's still a stray crackle here and there between songs, but seriously. Has the number "6" printed next to the RIAA logo, on the back sleeve; this is the Los Angeles printing plant identifier code.From the blurb on the Facebook page, it asks; “Did you know that a Dominoe plays a part in the making of this classic album? I Highly Recommend This For Anyone Who Wants A Pet Sounds CD That Will Leave Them Speechless Each Time They Listen To It. Sounds As Smooth As Butter It Is An Utter Delight To Sit Back And Listen To This Beauty, It Is Just Breaktaking In How Much Detail And Sonic Richness Comes Out Of The Speakers With This. Considering that, I never want for an endless grouping of individuals who profess their love for this record, yet when I put them on the spot, I’ve found very few who can name more than two tracks from the record, and surprisingly, most can name none, standing their shuffling their feet, lost in the religious fervor of something they can’t see, can’t touch, and may or may not have ever actually sat down and listened to. Some people on the Steve Hoffman forums who bought Analog Productions' mono vinyl reissue of "Pet Sounds" have reported off-center grooves on "Side One", and have stated that it is audible.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment