276°
Posted 20 hours ago

REDSHIFT ShockStop Suspension Seatpost for Bicycles

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One of the biggest reasons to consider a suspension seatpost is the potential energy savings. If you are riding for multiple days or even months at a time. Saving energy wherever you can is so worth it. What is the best suspension seatpost? The results are very clear. The Redshift suspension seatpost on firmness level 3 was much more comfortable than both my Ergon Allroad Pro and FSA carbon seatpost.

Suspension seatpost are popular with endurance cyclists who are riding many hours per day and are looking for the extra comfort from the rough sections. You can go out and buy a new titanium or carbon gravel bike which will be super comfortable. But if you already have a modest bike but are looking for extra on bike comfort you don’t need to go out and buy a new bike. You can buy aftermarket suspension seatposts which work well to add extra comfort. Rather than using a full-suspension bike (for comfort), you can fit a suspension seatpost to a hardtail and enjoy similar levels of comfort without the extra weight, price and complexity. 4 Reasons To Not Use Suspension Seatposts The Cane Creek eeSilk is less than 100 grams heavier than a high-quality aluminium seatpost. When engaged, the suspension linkage compresses a steel spring inside the post’s column that’s sandwiched in between two plastic spacers. All of these innards are compressed against a hollow plastic pipe that seats against a threaded preload screw at the bottom of the post. Redshift also includes a smaller, secondary internal spring to provide additional firmness, depending on your desired ride feel. The photo sequence above shows me sitting on it set up out of the box—main spring only, with preload somewhere in the middle—with its sag affected by only my weight (about 175lbs). The weight chart runs from 50-110kg, with riders over 90kg advised to use both springs, the smaller sitting inside the main spring when fitted. The system feels well-damped and there’s no noteworthy ‘bounce’ at any cadence. The saddle bottomed out a couple of times over bigger bumps; more spring compression might be useful off-road.

What about seatpost mounted lights?

joeegg : I have the Canyon seatpost and can't detect any difference to a rigid carbon one i have. Biggest difference to the ride is lower tyre pressure and wheel type. Would I buy it again? Yes, absolutely! After riding it for a couple of days, seating on a rigid (or even suspension in many cases) seatposts feels terrible. That said, this test was conducted using rigid carbon and aluminium seatposts, so it’d be interesting to find out whether suspension seatposts are more effective using the same test protocol. The Spring Systems of Suspension Seatposts The Byschulz G.2 LT is a spring-damped suspension seatpost offering 50mm of suspension travel. The other dropper option is the PNW Coast, which has 40mm of suspension travel and is the best-value dropper, by far.

Mine was bushings, even with the little bits of space around the elastomer all filled in with bar tape off-cuts it would still happen. John has been writing about bikes and cycling for over 30 years since discovering that people were mug enough to pay him for it rather than expecting him to do an honest day's work.a.jumper : Sprung (not over-padded) saddles are a darned sight cheaper than springy seatposts, as long as you don't mind negative comments from the fashionistas. But there is a cost to this high reactivity. I’ve found that when spring posts are perfectly set up for rough terrain, they bob more than I’d like on smooth surfaces. The easiest way to determine your handlebar size is to see if it's printed on the handlebar. This will require removing your current stem faceplate. Redshift suggests that riders up to 80kg should only use the main spring and those from 90kg to 110kg must install the inner spring as well. With the main spring fitted, my unit weighed 538g.

Overall, I'm a big fan of this seatpost. I can overlook the weight issues purely because of how much adjustability it has, and the suspension action is just so smooth. It is really easy to tweak and set up, too, even out on the trail. Verdict He was heavily involved in the mountain bike boom of the late 1980s as a racer, team manager and race promoter, and that led to writing for Mountain Biking UK magazine shortly after its inception. He got the gig by phoning up the editor and telling him the magazine was rubbish and he could do better. Rather than telling him to get lost, MBUK editor Tym Manley called John’s bluff and the rest is history. It’s available to fit 27.2, 30.9, 31.6 seat tubes, uses USE's Duro single-bolt clamp and the post is fully serviceable. The post and head are machined from aluminium. The 27.2mm post weighs a claimed 455g.Alternate method: Use a fabric or paper measuring tape (or print one at https://printable-ruler.net/ ) and measure the circumference of the handlebar right next to your existing stem. I put an extra spring into the post, set the firmness to level 2 (for 90kg riders), and went for another test ride. Big surprise! Our first impression is that there is significantly less dynamic movement when compared to the original version. Since there was no need to set the sag, there is also very little upstroke like you would get on the original if you opted for a lot of sag. Honestly, the Pro post feels much more supportive and natural. There is definitely movement, and you feel it immediately, but it’s not as overwhelming. The stroke is also very progressive, so small bumps and vibrations are muted but the larger impacts are still felt. A plastic, magnetically secured fender can be removed to drop about 9 grams but is meant to keep dirt out of the linkage. Damping determines the speed at which a seatpost will move over repeated bumps. A seatpost that dampens vibrations effectively will help to insulate you from road buzz coming up through your bike.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment