276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Alive: The True Story of the Andes Survivors

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A football team hires a chartered Plane to play a friendly match across the Andes,due to co-piolt's mistake the plane crashes and our story begins,

Yo y seguro que muchos de nosotros no nos imaginamos por ejemplo, comer carne humana cruda, incluso nos repugna la idea, pero si estuviéramos en una situación como los tripulantes del equipo de rugby no dudaríamos si la desesperación llega a ser tanta. Es sin duda asqueroso, pero mi mamá dice: "el hambre es canija". es un dicho que se dice comúnmente, pero va más allá. es el hambre, la sed, frío, lidiar con la naturaleza propia de las montañas. Esta es una de las historias de la vida real más impresionantes e impactantes que he leído en toda mi vida. Para mí, es prueba fehaciente de la inmensidad de la fortaleza humana. Es una historia muy fuerte pero que te deja mucho como lector y como ser humano. Imperdible. This is a book based on reality that shook the conscience of the world in 1970s and even after almost 40 years past the incident,the book makes such a compelling reading!The _omappvp cookie is set to distinguish new and returning users and is used in conjunction with _omappvs cookie. This of course begs the question of how far any of us would go to survive. Would I be able to take a piece of glass and cut the flesh off of a recently dead human being? I don't think there is any way to answer that without actually being in that situation which, God willing, I never will be. And speaking of God, the boys' faith in God is awe inspiring. I sometimes snap at God when I get caught in traffic and these boys were faithful throughout (although they, understandably, questioned why some lived while others died). I will have to remember this story next time I get snappy.

Over the next 70 days, the remaining survivors battled cold, avalanches, injury, fear and hunger. To survive, they prayed - alot. They devised plans for capturing water. They made forays into the vast white bleak landscape to search for supplies and a way out. They became makeshift doctors and surgeons and helped the wounded. They waited for rescue to come from the outside. And to fight off starvation, they ate their dead. Otra cosa que me gustó es que en capítulos alternos vamos viendo simultanéamente los esfuerzos inagotables de los padres por encontrar a sus hijos aun después de que cesa la búsqueda oficial. Desgraciadamente todos esos esfuerzos fueron en vano y los chicos se salvaron porque decidieron que los más fuertes cruzarían las montañas hasta encontrar ayuda, y así lo hicieron. La salida de ahí fue verdaderamente épica, una hazaña sobrehumana. vaya por dios. qué historia tan más fuerte me tocó leer. una gran tragedia ocurrida en 1972 en la coordillera de los Andes. es un libro que te hace sentir todo tipo de emociones desde que ocurre el accidente y todo lo que tienen que hacer para sobrevivir mientras se encuentran atrapados. la superrvivencia humana es fascinante; hay que ver la capacidad que tenemos de llegar hasta las últimas consecuencias para mantenernos con vida, desafiar todo aquello que no imaginamos, vencer prejuicios e ideologías para estar aquí, y sobre todo contar con la suficiente fuerza para superarlo.

Instagram

There is a heavy search by the government but to no avail. During this, the survivors helped each other heal. They had to live on barely any food. The area in which they crashed was utterly desolate, barren of life. The conditions were very harsh. They had to survive an avalanche. The situation was so dire that they eventually had to eat human flesh to survive. While this was probably one of the toughest things they had ever done, it helped them survive the winter. Meanwhile, the government agencies had stopped their search. When they were finally found, they had surprisingly little injuries. Their own resilience and uniqueness of experience restored their faith in life and God. Update this section! Qué historia tan más asombrosa e increíble. Creo que todos hemos escuchado sobre el accidente aéreo en los Andes en octubre de 1972 y de cómo algunos pasajeros lograron sobrevivir recurriendo al canibalismo. Y este libro es una reconstrucción detallada de lo sucedido y basada en extensas entrevistas con los sobrevivientes. A mí francamente no me cabe en la cabeza cómo esos chicos lograron sobreponerse a tanto sufrimiento, miedo, dolor y adversidad; de verdad fue una proeza sin igual. Another thing I liked was that we see in alternate chapters the relentless efforts of the parents to find their children even after the official search was called off. Unfortunately all those efforts were in vain and the boys survived because they came to the conclusion that the strongest among them would have to cross the mountains and find help, and that's exactly what they did. Their getting out of there was truly epic, a superhuman exploit. In 1993, Alive by Frank Marshall was released. A companion documentary, Alive: 20 Years Later, was made at the same time. before you judge them for what they did to survive,just ask yourself,what would you do if you were facing the same situation?It's such a controversial question and topic but for anyone who loves reality based or mountain hiking adventure type of books,this is a must read..

The survivors] had neither sensationalized nor sentimentalized their own experience and it seemed important for me to tell the reader what they had told me in the same 'matter-of-fact' manner." –Piers Paul Read En este libro Piers Paul Read documenta con precisos detalles cómo todo se desenvolvió para los sobrevivientes, desde el choque de avión del 13 de October, hasta que fueron rescatados, 72 días después. Esta fue una historia sangrienta, leer sobre cada pequeña cosa que sucedió en el lugar del accidente. Esta historia de supervivencia no es enteramente sobre una amorosa hermandad o una lucha en unidad para sobrevivir. Piers Paul Read detalla un montón de los lados más oscuros de esa batalla, cómo básicamente dividirse entre ellos en fuertes y débiles, constantes peleas y discusiones sobre muchos asuntos, constipación y otros desagradables asuntos de una salud declinante, y muchas otas escalofriantes cosas. Nada es dejado afuera. Ni siquiera el canibalismo. Los sobrevivientes hicieron mucho más que solo cortar un pedazo de carne de un par de muertos. No es una lectura fácil de digerir, pero sin embargo una gran historia de supervivencia. Y lo más preciado que rescato de este libro es Liliana, y cómo era como una madre para todos. Lamentablemente no sobrevivió. The book was received well by critics and fans alike as it told the event very unique and as if the reader was actually present at the events. In fact, Walter Clemons declared that Alive "will become a classic in the literature of survival". Also, Michael A. Rogers stated that "Read has risen above the sensational and managed a book of real and lasting value." The book was turned into a full feature film in 1993 and produced by Frank Marshall. Update this section!In 1972, a plane full of rugby players and their families crashed in The Andes Mountains. The story is well known. Scarcely with any food or water, suffering sub-zero temperatures, only sixteen of forty-five made it out alive. After nearly three months struggling to survive, injured, famished, freezing, against all possible odds a couple of them finally managed to climb across The Andes without any mountain gear and reach a nearby town to call for help. Their survival was legendary. News about it traveled the world, it was called the “Miracle of the Andes.” Despite the fact that this may sound horrible to many, I must say that it isn't as bad as you may think. Of course you'll see them cut a piece out of the bodies and eat it, but it is done in a watchable way. I'm sure that only the very faint of heart will not be able to watch it. It's a part of the story, but it is never shown in a too spectacular or sensational way. For those who don't know the story yet, it is based on what happened to the Uruguayan rugby team during and after their plane crash in the middle of the Andes mountains in 1972. Some of them survive the initial crash, some wounded, others only with some minor scratches. They pray that they will soon be found, but no search team is coming to rescue them. At first they keep themselves alive by eating what they find in the luggage of the passengers, but soon that food is also gone. If they don't eat, they will all die. And they need to gain strength, because they need to try to get help themselves. There is only one horrible solution: they will have to eat the dead people... What they talk about are the other aspects of survival and it is a very compelling read. There was an avalanche shortly after the initial crash, there are a couple of treks to find the tail and to see who is hardy enough to attempt a walk for help. There are deaths and fights and camaraderie and heartbreaks and survival and yes, they eat the people.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment