276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fearless: The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy SEAL Team SIX Operator Adam Brown

£6.16£12.32Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This book is not your typical SEAL story, although all of them are inspiring examples of great men that sacrifice more than we can imagine to honor the patriot blood that runs through their veins to protect this great country. This story about Adam Brown is that and so much more. In the end, I could summarize that this book is about love. Love of a forgiving and strengthening God, love of a great woman, love of country, love of family, and love of the SEAL brotherhood. Love. Not a word that you would expect to describe a fierce, highly trained warrior, but it's true. Love.

Author Eric Blehm takes us to the beginning, where it all started for Adam Brown. Early on, you are pulled into his life and his story. Blehm does an incredible job of crafting words in such a way that make you feel like you know Adam too. As you read you feel like you know his entire family. His failures frustrate you. His struggle with addiction saddens you. You feel the weight of pour decisions and repeated struggles to overcome “the voice” that is addiction. Not until about halfway through the book do we begin to share in his journey to become a Navy SEAL. An entire book could be written on the unbelievable physical and mental challenge involved in making it to the elite team which Adam Brown achieved.

Toys

Fearless was so captivating that it was difficult to put it down, even though I knew how it had to end. In the act of protecting his fellow Navy SEALs, and American freedom, Adam Brown gave the ultimate sacrifice. And his story is well worth reading. The journey he takes you on is nothing short of unbelievable. His relationship with family and God makes you want to revisit what you believe in life is important. Ed Fargo: Gaia's first friend in New York, Ed was originally paraplegic but was fixed through surgery. He had a crush on Gaia that is eventually reciprocated, but the constant danger in Gaia's life ends the relationship. Ed eventually becomes disillusioned with Gaia and her unstable and dangerous lifestyle, and begins dating someone else. Even the ending, Ryan’s disappearance isn’t even mentioned or explained...as if the ending was hurried and that part forgotten about.

Have you ever thought about the type of men who feel called (or led) to voluntarily signing-up for the most physically challenging and dangerous career in our military? Who are these courageous men who put their lives willingly on the line daily to protect the freedoms we enjoy in America? The series currently only has four books and the series was left unfinished as of Naked Eye, the fourth book in the series.Harrison, Judy (Dec 6, 1999). " 'Fearless' aims for teen reader". Bangor Daily News . Retrieved 18 October 2013. This is not another SEAL book about ego; this is a powerful book about perseverance that will absolutely inspire everybody. Adam was a warrior in the truest sense—courageous, compassionate, intrepid, and humble. And his dedication to God, country, family, and the Brotherhood was genuine and exceptional. This book will motivate you to challenge yourself to be…fearless.”

More than halfway through... I could hardly put this one down last night... I have found that what touches me the most lately in what I am reading is where the story is based on a true story.Loki realizes he will never gain Gaia's full trust after she rejects his proposal to collaborate with him and inherit his criminal organization. His attempts to clone Gaia and create a successful fearless serum fail. After a deadly confrontation between the Josh clones, Loki, Tom and Gaia; Loki attempts to take the fearless serum, but falls into a coma. The story arc concludes with Tom also falling into a coma after partaking in a celebratory dinner with Gaia, Ed, Natasha and Tatiana. Tom goes missing from the hospital shortly after and is presumed to have been captured by a mysterious organization operating out of Loki's control. But the most important thing that I have come to know is that life is not just about how we look – it’s about gaining the knowledge we need to navigate whatever life throws at us. So, I’ve included a life section to share what I’ve learned along the way, the everyday barriers that impact my confidence and how I feel. There is a quote from the Bible etched onto the memorial that stands in the shadow of World Trade Center steel that resembles a massive trident: ‘Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”’ That was Adam Brown. Fearless is a clear and deeply honest portrait of an authentic American man who lived and loved with an intrepid personal velocity. For most of us, the failures and disappointments in life take their toll. Not for Adam Brown. He vanquished all life’s heartbreaks with faith, humility, and hard work. His commitment to his family and his friends helped forge Adam Brown into the rarest of warriors. Long live the Brotherhood.” WOW! Thats all that comes to mind. Alot of military memoirs (especially SEALS Books) spend the first 5 chapters covering BUD/S Training. If you have read books before you often get bored with reading the the same breakdowns of how hard,tough and grueling the training is. I am NOT taking away from this at all as these are warriors. Fearless brings you into WHO Adam really was. From a goofy kid, prankster and respectful child to his dark days battling addiction and jail time. To read about someone taking their life from the lowest point possible and giving it their all to become so committed to his wife, his family and his children let alone his brothers in arms was an amazing read. I read this book in less than 24 hours as i could not put it down. In each chapter I set you a practical challenge, because there is a big difference between reading and action – it is action that propels us and allows us to make positive change in your own life. To represent the different ages, shapes, styles and attitudes I cover, the inspiring Trinny Tribers from around the world have all come together to share too.

I’ve read pretty much all of Fern Michaels’ books over the years. This one was formulaic and there are lots of gaps that need explaining. I will not give this book any stars. Not because it was so bad that 1 star would be too much but because I don't think I can quantify this book in any sort of way. Adam’s shenanigans throughout this high school years made you wonder if he’d live to graduate. But he did. When his three best buddies went off to college, Adam seemed to lose his sense of purpose. He got into the wrong crowd and did what he never thought he’d ever do–street drugs, which led to jail time. This went on for some years, until he met his sweetheart, Kelley, whom he married, had a son and eventually a daughter, and was guided into the service. How he got into the service is a story in itself! Timmy: A classmate of Gaia that is later revealed to be a rapist after a failed attempt to rape Gaia. He is eventually arrested for his crimes. I don't want to throw out too many spoilers to the story, but I think that it needs to be mentioned that he became a part of Seal Team 6 (on the highest tier of the US military - the top 1% as they say), with only his left eye and left hand functioning. He managed to overcome injuries to himself and still be able to function at that top level - that is just too amazing, and only through God was that possible. Look at the Fox Memorial Day video to him which explains a bit more about this aspect of his life.Long before Adam Brown became a member of the elite SEAL Team SIX—the counterterrorism unit that took down Osama bin Laden—he was a fun-loving country boy from Hot Springs, Arkansas, whose greatest goal had been to wear his high school’s football jersey. An undersized daredevil, prone to jumping off roofs into trees and off bridges into lakes, Adam was a kid who broke his own bones but would never break a promise to his parents.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment