276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Salomon Sense Ride 4 Men's Trail Running Shoes, Responsive ride, Foothold & protection, and All-terrain grip

£42.815£85.63Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Buy this shoe if you want a no-frills trail beast, with a breathable mesh upper, durable welded overlay protection, and a stiff midsole that’s responsive and nimble. Cushioning is excellent if a bit on the firm side, but the Optivibe does a great job dampening impact. With a firm midsole, the ride is very steady and predictable, inspiring confidence in just about any terrain. I also appreciate that the Sense Ride 4 is very stable, secure and protective, yet with just enough ground feel. One shoe to rule them all, claims one happy reviewer. I agree; why buy multiple trail runners when you can buy one that does it all. So look no further for the perfect all-rounder. The Sense Ride 4 (SR4), upgraded from the Sense Ride 3 (SR3), is entirely beginner trail-runner friendly. Jeff runs mostly on very steep technical terrain above Boulder often challenging well known local FKT's.

Salomon Sense Ride 4 Review (2023) | RunRepeat Cut in half: Salomon Sense Ride 4 Review (2023) | RunRepeat

I also really love the lacing system. It may be a challenge to get the fit perfect for some, but it works well enough and you never need to lace or unlace your shoes ever again which may seem like a simple pleasure but in actuality is a surprising luxury. Enjoy a more comfortable ride with extra cushioning, optimized midsole with Optivibe vibration-reduction and decoupling. Also, you might be interested in the waterproof edition of this shoe: the Salomon Sense Ride 4 Gore-Tex Invisible Fit men’s version and Salomon Sense Ride 4 Gore-Tex Invisible Fit women’s version. Call for CommentsI had the Sense Ride 3 but didn’t like them. They felt heavy, sluggish, and dull to me, and I ended up returning them after a couple runs. Looking for a new shoe for longer mountain runs and am trying to decide between this and the Cascadia. Any thoughts to help me decide? I tried on the new Salomon’s yesterday and they felt much lighter. I even had to size down ½ size than my normal Salomon Hoka size as they were running big on me. But any thoughts would be appreciated. Optivibe: A combination of foams, one to dampen, one to propel. This was developed to reduce vibration upon foot strike aimed to decrease muscle fatigue without affecting the overall ride

Salomon Mens Sense Ride 4 Shade - Trekitt Salomon Mens Sense Ride 4 Shade - Trekitt

The full rubber Contagrip® outsole offers premium traction, while Profeel film protects your feet from sharp objects on the trail. Contagrip MA is built for the widest variety of surfaces. It balances both the geometry and the rubber compound to deliver confidence on wet, dry, hard or loose surfaces, and offer long-term durability. At 10.5 (297g) ounces the Sense Ride 4 is not really a lightweight shoe, but it’s not overly heavy either. I’ve avoided most Salomons over my stubborn impression that they ran a bit narrow, but the Sense Ride 4 fit my wider foot well, especially after a short break-in period. Best for long or steep runs Liz: "The flexibility of this shoe enables it to practically disappear on foot while you are running. The Sense Ride 4 provided very smooth transitions through the stride but also enough torsional rigidity to be very stable as well. I never felt like my feet, ankles, or arches had to work hard to remain stable over uneven terrain or steep climbs."The Salomon Sense Ride 4’s are everything you want in a trail shoe – they are incredibly stable, lightweight, breathable and work well on all different types of terrain. Perfect for summer trail runs or hikes in the mountains. Tom Caughlan is a part of the iRunFar gear review team. Tom has been testing and reviewing trail running shoes and gear for over 10 years. Based in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Tom has been running since middle school and enjoyed competing in college for the University of Michigan. Tom is a psychotherapist by trade and works for the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs. So why didn’t this moderately weighted, 8-millimeter drop trail shoe with great durability dominate the market? As someone who has run in every iteration of this shoe, I have my druthers, and the bottom line as to why previous iterations of the Sense Ride didn’t receive more acclaim is frankly the ride of the shoe itself. The Salomon Sense 4 Pro upgrades the midsole and outsole on the newest model of this shoe for a fast, protected run for any distance or terrain. Great shoe for allround use I already have my third pair going. Perfectly suitable for all kind of running from after work running with my dog to the long ultra races on all kind of terrains.

Salomon Sense 4 Pro Review | Running Shoes Guru Salomon Sense 4 Pro Review | Running Shoes Guru

Some reviewers rightly refer to this Salomon shoe as Swiss Army Knife of trail shoes, and I tend to agree. If you're after a shoe that's well equipped to handle anything from short training runs to ultra-distance races, then the Sense Ride 4 has you covered. The integration of OptiVibe technology in the midsole minimizes impact and increases responsiveness. This Contagrip outsole, improved from the previous model, offers excellent traction on variable terrain. EndoFit: This is an internal fit sleeve designed to hug the foot in exactly the right places and provide a precise fit.Liz: "The Sense Ride 4 has classic Salomon cushioning. There is just enough softness for comfort, but it definitely leans on the firmer side compared to many of the other, more modern trail running shoes on the market. Runners are definitely going to get a softer underfoot feel from a HOKA, Altra, or even ASICS trail shoe. Though, runners who enjoy good ground feel and a stable ride will appreciate the reliable cushioning from these shoes." Just enough cushioning and Optivibe foam to absorb vibrations and decrease muscle fatigue without weighing you down. Will keep you comfortable and moving for many miles on the trail.

Salomon Sense Ride 4 Review - Trail Running Shoes

I agree with you on the SR3, after running in them for the sake of reviewing, I never ran in them again. That said, it became my favorite shoe for just slipping on easily for a walk, a hike or errands, they are so comfortable and versatile for all things not running. The SR 4 however feels more like a running shoe to me, which seems surprising given the same midsole and outsole, but the changes in the upper and minor drop in weight are enough to get me running in them consistently beyond review duties. Of course I couldn’t steer you away from a Cascadia or Xodus 10 or Caldera 5. While the EVA cushioning adds to the clunk factor of this shoe, the 8mm of drop keeps runners who strike with the forefoot feeling pretty connected to the terrain. There's a ton of padding in the heel, so heel strikers will be in their element when charging downhill. Over snow, mud, and stream crossings, I had no issues with water entering this shoe through the hydrophobic upper. Surprised you didn’t compare these with the XA Elevate. I have the SR4, and find they don’t roll well off the heel. Was the XA Elevate better in that regard? I’m wondering if I should look for a pair, or is the SR4 better? Is sizing identical between the two? I’m also surprised no one has mentioned sizing down in the SR4: I found they fit much better 1/2 size down from every other Salomon I have If you’re looking for a competent shoe in rougher terrain, the Salomon Sense Ride 4 is an excellent choice.

Salomon Sense Ride 4 Overall Impressions

You seems to suggest a preference for the “Cascadia or Xodus 10 or Caldera 5” in your review but give the ride 4 a whopping 9.7. I’m not sure I’ve seen a higher score recently. So a little confused. Also why is there not a comparison between these shoes in the ‘ comparisons’ section at the end of the review? Not a criticism but curious

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment