276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hey, Whipple, Squeeze This: The Classic Guide to Creating Great Ads, 5th Edition

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The last part of the book is devoted to such issues as protection of advertising materials created for the client. Or types of advertising clients. The theme of the portfolio. The truth isn't the truth until people believe you, and they can't believe you if they don't know what you're saying, and they can't know what you're saying if they don't listen to you, and they won't listen to you if you're not interesting, and you won't be interesting unless you say things imaginatively, originally. They describe the era when TV was a new way of capturing people’s attention. Advertisements did not have to be creative, just repetitive. Audiences of the past did not have remote controls to turn the channel; they had to get up off the couch, walk to the TV set, and manually turn the channel. Literally, a captive audience.

Hey Whipple, Squeeze This has helped generations of young creatives make their mark in the field. From starting out and getting work, to building successful campaigns, you gain a real-world perspective on what it means to be great in a fast-moving, sometimes harsh industry. You'll learn how to tell brand stories and create brand experiences online and in traditional media outlets, and you'll learn more about the value of authenticity, simplicity, storytelling, and conflict. Before you decide to enter the industry, we hate to break it to you, but work in advertising is not exactly as portrayed in Mad Men.If you have a partner, bring your ideas together and brainstorm, even on the bad ideas. You will be amazed by the results. What Makes a Great Ad? Hence, it is more important than ever for your company to act the way it promises to act in its ads. Otherwise, no matter how great your ad is, it just won’t work. Creating a Great Radio Ad Furthermore, employ both an unusual and thought-provoking part in your ad, to make viewers watch it over and over again.

Still, we managed to extract a few key lessons that can help you in your career. Key Lessons from “Hey Whipple, Squeeze This!”: The classic guide to creating great advertising now covers all media: Digital, social, and traditional.This is a great book for somebody who wants to start working it is already inthe field of advertising l and marketing. As ad-man Luke Sullivan shows in "Hey Whipple, Squeeze This," It's hard to say the exact effect that an ad campaign has on a given product's sales performance; this is, after all, largely a subjective business. Nonetheless, with all of his experience in the advertising industry, Sullivan has plenty of ideas on what makes a good ad - which he highlights with plenty of examples taken from companies like Volkswagen and the Economist - as well as those on some of his most-despised ads, exemplified primarily by the series of Charmin spots featuring their notorious spokesman, Mr. Whipple. Very solid and engaging read. Highly recommended to all my friends that are in the advertising business or manage commercial communication (either for their own companies or as marketing professionals). I can undoubtedly say this was the best book on creative advertising I've ever read and it could easily be a 5 stars if it wasn't for some minor flaws. A good product will advertise itself. Sullivan calls this premise “idea-as-press-release. In this modern age of technology, there are many ways to expose a product. If you create something outrageous that really strikes a nerve with the consumer, they will share it online or Tweet about it. “The client doesn’t necessarily want you to make an ad. What they want you to do is make something so interesting people lean in to see what it is.” Sullivan advises to be very careful that your ad is not offensive or it will turn people away. For example an ad that I found outrageous and funny that my husband found offensive was the “Jingle Bells” commercial for Joe Boxer and K-Mart that was aired a few years ago. It featured men in boxer shorts with bells attached to the crotch area. The men played jingle bells by shaking those bells. Every time the commercial came on, my husband would change the channel. I thought it was funny and so did a lot of other people as the ad was shared on Facebook. But many people also found that ad offensive and subsequently K-Mart went out of business. Sullivan and Boche want you to understand what makes a product good or great. Promote the greatness and people will help you by sharing the commercial. And lastly. The whole book is built on the principle of "1001 advice". And using this very principle of writing the book, as a collection of small tips on different topics, Sullivan, of course, highlighted such topics as advertising on TV, radio, making a print ad, search for inspiration, title, etc.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment