276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Musical Truth: A Musical History of Modern Black Britain in 28 Songs

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sonny’s Lettah by Linton Kwesi Johnson could be used in a range of lessons – from literacy in KS3, KS4 poetry studies or PSHE. The text could be used as an interesting and more extreme counterpoint to Telephone Conversation by Wole Soyinka – written a generation earlier; which might further inspire pupils to think about they would express their own experiences in the 2020s. I have always known music is a great tool to bring people of different communities together and the author Jeffrey Boakye articulates this perfectly. The manipulations run so deep, however, that the full story couldn’t be told in just that first book. Here, in Volume 2, he continues to guide readers through the dark labyrinth of machinations. This is a full archive of all my radio and podcast interviews on truth/ conspiracy/ consciousness subjects from 2012 onwards. Most are long-format chats of one or two hours. The shows from 2015 onwards focus on subjects covered in Volumes 1 and 2 of my book Musical Truth. For those who don't know me, let me clarify: I am white. Therefore, I can't testify to the #OwnVoices factor of this book particularly since I don't feel that it is my place - but I can tell you that it's obvious this book has been written with every ounce of Jeffrey Boakye's heart and soul. He writes from his experiences, from his family's experiences - and his heartfelt tone shows, loud and clear.

Our Family Station in St Pancras is open from 10.00-12.00 every Friday and we're continuing to welcome schools, as well as families and adult learners to our courses and access events. All our in-person and livestreamed events are going ahead. Other services Thorough and inspiring… Not just essential reading for older children and teens (and adults!) but essential listening too.’ BookTrust Musical Truth Volume 3’ completes club and radio DJ-turned author/ researcher Mark Devlin’s trilogy of books exposing the REAL nature of the corporate music industry and those that populate it. Boakye is a special talent and Musical Truth is a special book… [it] deserves to be read widely.’ Books for KeepsPupils could create their own “musical truths”– projects that combine music to define their place and space in the world, and words to capture their voice in society. In his groundbreaking book Musical Truth, DJ-turned author/researcher Mark Devlin showed how the true nature of the corporate music industry tells a very different story to what’s conveyed on its glossy, glamorous surface. The book ends on an inspirational note, revealing some spiritual and metaphysical truths that have been hidden from humanity for so long, but which, it turns out, a handful of visionary songwriters seem to have cryptically encoded into their songs.

Compiled by Mark Devlin, this two hour sonic journey brings the TCATC story to life with a selection of the music that was around during the book’s timeframe, and interspersed with news footage, radio station recordings and other relevant snippets.

Follow us

Musical Truth is the culmination of Mark Devlin’s five years’ of research into the true nature of the industry and its objectives –from dark occult rituals, to mind-controlled artists, and all points in between. The book shows how these agendas fit into the much wider picture of what’s really going on in the world, and – crucially – how the power lies with us to bring it to an end. Gonna have to be brutally honest about this because it’s marketed at 12+. I’ve given a 1 because I thought the illustrations were interesting - would have been nice in colour but it gave the chapters a bit more life.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment