276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kick the Drink...Easily!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Are you hooked on alcohol? “If the thought of never doing “IT” again fills you with fear, you are hooked; if it doesn’t, you aren’t.” I used to think that I was hooked on sugar, but after a few months with limited amounts of it, I realized I didn’t even really like it that much. The only food/drink that I’m hooked on is coffee. Jason Vale states at the beginning of his book: “I write, but I am not an author. I will never win a literary award and I don’t have an Oxbridge education. What I do have is an incredibly simple way for you to understand the nature of the trap you are in and a ridiculously easy route out if you choose to take it.” I loved his honesty right up front- never worried a minute about the formatting of his sentences- just read it like listening to a conversation- perfect for me!

But is drinking alcohol in fact, glamorous? According to the CDC, 80,000 people in the US die each year from excessive alcohol use. According to Vale, 40,000 people in England die per year from alcohol related deaths. Not to mention all the short and long term side effects. (Inebriation= to exhilarate, stupefy) Vale makes many valid points such as: “Alcohol is the only drug in the world where when you stop taking it, you are seen as having a problem.” This statement is so true! When people stop smoking, they’re often congratulated, but when people stop drinking alcohol, they’re often scrutinized.Vale points out that our society promotes drinking at nearly every celebration. Let’s drink to so and so’s promotion, birthday, wedding, graduation, christening, team making it to the Super Bowl etc. Consider how many alcohol related commercials ran during the Super Bowl; and the ads are always glamorous. There is no such thing as an alcoholic and there is no such disease as alcoholism! (as society understands it).

So open your mind and take a journey with Jason to explore the myths about the most used and accepted drug addiction in the world! help you enjoy the process and enjoy your life so much more than you do now without having to drink alcohol So, I have read three books now on obtaining an alcohol-free life and within each one I discovered so much that inspired me to quit- and, honestly- I have never felt better! One main point Jason Vale starts with which really opened my eyes- there is no such thing as “alcoholism”! He states emphatically that Alcohol is an addictive drug just like heroin. I would love to give this 5-Stars, but I can't. Not because it doesn't work, it does! I read Allen Carr's The Easy Way to Stop Drinking first, and the author of this book appears to have taken what he wrote, and just updated it since Carr is now deceased. That's ok, because the language and examples were a bit dated in Carr's book. Still, it's a little strange to read something that almost feels like something you read before that is just paraphrased from something else. The only part I disagree with is where he continually says that alcohol has no advantages whatsoever. If that were the case, I doubt anyone would touch the stuff! The warm, fuzzy happy feeling that comes from having the first one or two is what hooks people in and is a benefit for those feeling insecure, or tired, or down. It's not really an "advantage" per se because it's actually your body responding to mild poisoning, but it feels like one and is very alluring. That being said, the warm fuzzy happy feeling is really nice, but unfortunately most people can't stop there (I often struggled to) and that's where the issues start.Whether you agree with this statement or not, one thing is for sure, you will never see alcohol in the same light ever again after reading this book. Jason Vale takes an honest and hard hitting look at people’s conceptions of our most widely consumed drug. Jason’s major argument is there is no such thing as an ‘alcoholic’ and that we are conditioned to accept alcohol as a ‘normal’ substance in today’s society despite the fact that it is the major cause of many of today’s social problems and a wide range of health issues.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment