276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BenQ TH585 1080p Gaming Projector, Low Input Lag for Gaming, 3500 Lumens High Brightness, Built-in 10W Speaker

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Based on the Society for Movie and Television Engineers (SMPTE) recommendations, the TH585P's 3,500-lumen rating should be enough to light up a 270-inch, 1.0-gain, 16:9 screen in a dark room, or a 150-inch screen in moderate ambient light. In my tests, even the lower-brightness Game mode delivered a suitably bright image to light up a 90-inch screen in a family room at night with lights on, and remain watchable—though a little washed out—using an 80-inch screen on a sunny afternoon in a room with lots of windows. Whether your focus is on gaming, watching movies and video in a room with ambient light, or equally on both, the TH585P is worth a look. But be sure to consider whether your budget can stretch a bit to consider other options. The BenQ TH685P, for example, can accept 4K HDR input, takes good advantage of HDR, and shows fewer rainbow artifacts for only a little higher price. The Xgimi Horizon offers far more robust audio at the cost of an only slightly longer input lag. And if you consider rainbow artifacts unacceptably irksome, the Epson Home Cinema 2250 is guaranteed to not show any, though its input lag is more appropriate for casual—rather than serious—gaming. As with the BenQ HT2150ST, the TH585 offers only one 3D picture mode and works with DLP-link glasses only. I saw no crosstalk in my tests and only minor 3D-related motion artifacts.

The placement of a projector is not a big thing; you can easily place it on your favorite place or ceiling mount. Though, unfortunately, you might see some projection offset while setting up the projector. As a solution, you have a remote control with a digital lens shift feature, allowing you to correct it digitally in no time. Verdict: BenQ TH585, An Entry-level powerful home theaterWhen it comes to console gaming, the TH585 has a lot to offer for each type of gaming, such as role-playing games, party games, sports games, and action games. Besides, the projector lets you enjoy multi-source entertainment, from a gaming console to a blue-ray player. The key specification: BenQ TH585

Best Portable Projector for Nintendo Switch: Top 3 Portable Projectors For Your Nintendo Switch 2023 So overall, I declare, for the price, that BenQ TH585 is an attractive and robust entry-level home theater projector for gaming and watching content. Pros & Cons: What I like:

A Solid Pick for Games, Entry-Level Home Theater

Besides, you get the support of a 3.5mm stereo port. However, I suggest you connect your soundbar using HDMI. The placement & Mount: BenQ TH585 Since most projector comes with a three-color-segment, they can’t produce enough bright image. On the other hand, pairing the DLP chip with a yellow segment, The TH585 has the advantage of producing more vibrant yellow than the ones with a three-segment.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment