276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Belkin BoostCharge braided USB C to fast charger cable, USB type C charger cable fast charging for iPhone 15, Samsung Galaxy S23, Google Pixel, iPad, MacBook, Nintendo and more - 1m, Black

£14.995£29.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Data: The data transfer speed is always in megabits per second (Mbps) or gigabits per second (Gbps). You'll know the speed a cable should be capable of by the standard: A USB-C to Lightning cable has the USB-C connector on one end and the Lightning connector (commonly used with Apple products) on the other end. These wires are most commonly used to connect an iPhone to a wall charger for fast charging. What is a USB-C to USB-C cable used for?

I reached out to Apple, but didn’t receive a reply. Apple really should though. People would buy the crap out of this like they did the official Apple polishing cloth. Obviously, as a charge cable it’s terrible for data transfer and can’t drive Thunderbolt devices nor your monitor, but as a charging cable it’s excellent.Don't worry. We dived into the dreaded box of cables, identified the ones you need for different scenarios, and untangled them, ready for use. You'll find some advice here on USB-C, Lightning, and MicroUSB connectors, as well as a primer on everything you need to know about cables. After all, we're WIRED. USB Standards: The Universal Serial Bus (USB) standard dates to 1996 but has seen many new standards, revisions, and connector types in the years since. Instead of running through all of them here, we try to highlight what matters. It is safe to use your phone while it is charging, but it will charge at a slower rate. Heat is also bad for battery health, so it is best to take a break when your phone feels warm.

In the end though, it’s what’s inside a cable that matters the most and the Apple USB-C cable has top-notch wiring materials that can deliver the most power to your laptop, phone, or tablet. Want to charge your laptop at 100 watts all day? That shouldn’t be a problem for the Apple USB-C Charge Cable. In the end, Apple’s USB-C Charge Cable won us over and is actually our recommended cable for those who want a big name on the box and intend to use it for mostly charging. When we say the box, we mean it, because Apple oddly doesn’t include any branding on the cable itself, which is a mistake because you just might mix it up with a lousy cable.You’d think you could tell whether a cable is USB-C 2.0 cable by looking at the wires in the connector but that’s not the case. Some cables use connectors with pins that aren’t hooked up to anything. I’m gonna use my M1 iMac’s Lightning cable forever and ever, but if you don’t own the svelte all-in-one desktop to get one, there are other ways to get it. Official Apple devices that come with braided Lightning cables The two shorter-length cables are passive, and the 6.6-foot cable is active. (Active cables have an extra chip inside to help them push data further without degradation.) I’ve been testing the two shorter cables and have yet to find anything they can’t do. The cables come with a one-year limited warranty in the US (lifetime limited warranty in the UK and a two-year limited warranty in the EU). A USB-C to USB-C cable has the USB-C connector on both ends of the wire. You can use this cable to connect two devices with that connector together. The most common use is to connect a smartphone to a wall charger. Can all USB-C cables do fast charging? Physically, the cable is a flat design with a rubbery outer sheath. The strain relief where the cable connects to the housing is minimal, as well, which makes us question its durability over time.

It surprised me, too, when I unboxed my M1 iMac last year and found a braided, color-matching Lightning-to-USB-C cable for connecting the included Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Keyboard. This Lightning cable is easily the best Lightning cable that Apple makes and has ever made. Power: While cable manufacturers always list the maximum charging rate, your device will determine how much power to draw, so it's important to know what standards it supports and combine your cable with the correct power adapter. The charging rate of a cable is measured in Watts (W). Sometimes manufacturers will list specifications on the cable in tiny print. If there’s no W listed, you can calculate it by multiplying the voltage (V) and the current (A), assuming they are listed. So why the hell doesn’t Apple sell this Very Good Lightning cable? I have no idea. I can understand why it wouldn’t include a more durable cable with iPhones — so Apple can sell you a new one when yours breaks. But why not sell it separately then?

With various standards and charging technologies at work, it is much harder than it should be to work out what a cable can do. There are a few things worth knowing when shopping. If you’re looking for a high-quality USB-C cable that will give you excellent performance, it’s hard to beat Cable Matters 6-foot USB-C cable. The cable can do it all and do it all well (well, almost) from charging at up to 100 watts, transferring data from your USB 3.1 SSD, or running a monitor. The only area where it doesn’t excel is in Thunderbolt performance, which is limited to 20Gbps. That’s not a ding in our book because that’s the tradeoff of a 6-foot cable. To hit 40Gbps, you’d have to step down to a shorter cable. This heavy-duty braided option is a good choice for taking advantage of the most modern charging standards Basic USB-C cables are passive and can only carry up to 60W. Cables that can carry 100W or more, sometimes described as active, must contain e-marker chips that identify the cable and its capabilities.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment