276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Death Note Box Set: Vols 1-13: Volumes 1-13 with Premium (Death Note Complete Box Set)

£45£90.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

there is no doubt about the impact this manga has had in the last two decades. From various adaptations to derivative works that it spawned, till this day it stands as one of the unique offerings in this genre that very cleverly adapts a myth, crime and morality through out its run. Following Light we give L ways to little credit cause what he does in response to all the curveballs is flawless, and he is determined: To defeat evil, there must be sacrifices, that’s what you’ve done, right? I liked the first part much more. It did not require much suspension of disbelief. I'm not talking about Death Note itself and the Shinigami. Things like a certain Light's father managing to get to Sakura TV from the hospital in minutes. Really, everything is so close? And he managed to get the police vehicle in the meantime. Nah, unbelievable. But it was alright. Mostly the battle of wits. And what a battle!

Death Note Box Set, Books 1-13 by Tsugumi Ohba - Booktopia Death Note Box Set, Books 1-13 by Tsugumi Ohba - Booktopia

What can I say about Death Note, the story of Light Yagami and his quest to change the world "for the better" through the use of the Death Note, a powerful, mystical object that allows him to kill anyone by writing down their name? I can start by saying that it absolutely floored me like no other story has done in a long while. Personally, I think this would have been all the more interesting If we had had a female as one of the main characters. Or, if we would have had one of the female characters doublecross Light. That would also have been interesting. Because women are just as capable of being intelligent, if not more so... For those of you who don’t know, Death Note is a manga series created by the now-famous duo Tsugumi Ohba (the writer) and Takeshi Obata (the artist). The manga series has its run from 2003-2006; it is their first collaboration, and it’s what made them became one of the most highly acclaimed duos in the industry. Death Note’s genre, in general, can be stated as thriller and mystery with a touch of the fantasy element, but this doesn’t mean that this series will appeal exclusively to the fans of the genres. Unlike novels, from my experience, manga usually needs a few volumes for the story to get going; if you’re really expecting to be impressed by the first volume, the majority of manga will probably disappoint you. That said, Death Note is one of the few rare cases where it managed to grab my attention immediately right from the first chapter for its originality and simplicity concept. In conclusion, Death Note is one of the best manga series I’ve ever read. Give it a few more years and it will become a classic in the genre; in my opinion, it already did. It’s one of the most popular manga/anime series of all time, it’s and one that I will always recommend. Once again, dive into this series either through reading the manga or watching the anime; those are the only options you should consider, and then you can thank me later for one of the best escapism experiences once you get to it. Also, I would like to give my special thanks to my dear friend Haifa for getting me this fantastic edition as my early X-mas present. though there are some very good adaptations out there, the book offers quite lengthy monologues which are quite interesting and makes for a good debate. individual morals can be questioned, critiqued and further shaped if one spends time exploring the presented themes of societal ethics and personal morals.

Customer reviews

The complete collection of manga about a boy who holds Japan under his control after finding a book that lets him kill anyone he wants to. The Death Note series is a contemporary, shounen manga series. As this is my first-ever manga, I can't draw upon experience in this genre to provide a meaningful benchmark. However, manga or novel, one reads for the storytelling and its characters. In both aspects, Death Note excels beyond any shadow of a doubt. Kira, the protagonist in Death Note has to be one of the most complex grimdark characters I've encountered and I find myself being torn between cheering him on towards his ultimate goal and being disgusted with his methods to achieve it. primarily this manga is an exploration of a very basic idea - if one had the power to change the world, how far would they go do it. its an idea that's toyed a lot in fantasy, science fiction and in many philosophical discussions; that ethics are contextually malleable? multiple perspectives are represented by a fascinating cast of characters and to keep things interesting, increasingly complex ethical dilemmas are presented during the course of plot.

Death Note Black Edition Volume 1-6 Collection 6 Books Set

But overall later in the series I felt the quality and believability, and definitely also the tension, falling. There are some good quotes, but the moves and countermoves are broadly the same as before, and that Light would have been indecisive in the time between certain arcs seems unbelievable. The deduction of one of the main characters in the last chapters (specifically 91) is near impossible, you couldn’t find those conclusions decidedly even with big data analysis, plus it would always be circumstantial. Also the whole something happening and another person deducing what happens make for not very engaging, rather slow reading. Chapter 99 at least is a brutal chapter with the demise of two important characters. But overall I disliked the arc after chapter 59, and found Light his convenient manipulation of women not just a bit lazy but also reprehensible. Light is brilliant, and one needs to admire how he manages to get himself out of troubles, like in chapter 14. What a brilliant resolution but also what a collateral damage. Also it makes very clear that showing a connection to the taskforce was a major mistake and Light could have mobilized public opinion much more.Special thanks to my Patrons on Patreon for giving me extra support towards my passion for reading and reviewing! The only downside to this book for me was about two thirds of the way through the story. SPOILERS: L dies and the story seems to die with it. And I get that it would be like that, but it seemed dragged out. I think if I was reading these books separately, I would have struggled to push through that particular book and carry on with the series.

Death Note Box Set: Vols 1-13: Volumes 1-13 with Premium

I enjoyed this book so much from the twists, to the characters, to the artwork. Honestly very enjoyable and has rekindled my love for reading. It’s a highly influential and immersive series. In fact, Death Note has sparked plenty of real-life copycat crimes and attempted malicious behavior around the world, mostly among students. One minor case for example: In May 2010, a middle school student in Avonworth School District in Pennsylvania was suspended for a "Death Note" with names of fellow students and pop singer Justin Bieber. This is, of course, just one case out of many; you can search up Death Note copycat crimes, and you’ll find so many cases. This is obviously not a good thing, but looking at the bright side, this also shows just how great this series is. It ended up influencing a lot of people around the world. Whether the influence is for good or worse depends entirely on the individual. Instead of reviewing all the individual separately, I figured it was easier to write one big review on all the volumes of the series. There are two major arcs in the entire series, with the first one being slightly longer as well as way more compelling than the final one. I'll just call it the Battle of Two Geniuses - one of the best and most captivating rivalries I've ever read. Although it suffered in comparison, the second arc is still a great cohesive continuation of the story to get us to the climax; slowly building up to a mind-blowing endgame. The entire Death Note manga story arc is now available in a box set for the first time! This is a perfect gift for either yourself or anyone not yet exposed to the amazing intrigue of this Obha/Obata masterpiece.

Table of Contents

We could cut the whole story in two parts. We have an obvious dividing event, lets call it The Event. Death Note is a masterwork that eventually will become a classic in the manga/anime industry; in my opinion, it already did. There’s nothing wrong with exterminating pests, so why is it wrong to kill people who are pests to this world?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment