276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Moxie

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

of people who want to write a book will never write it. Life gets in the way. Work gets in the way. Mental health issues stand in the way. It said girls are a revolutionary soul force that can change the world for real. My chest feels heavy with something that feels scary and good at the same time.”

Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu | Waterstones

This is every feminist fear-tactic in one book: The men are out to get you, especially the high school football players.Vivian befriends Lucy, as well as a group of other girls who have been put down, but her best friend Claudia is reluctant to get behind the movement and it causes a rift between them. Vivian also begins a relationship with Seth, who knows she started "Moxie" and supports her. My sixth novel, BAD GIRLS NEVER SAY DIE, will be out in October 2021. It's a gender-flipped, feminist reimagining of one of my favorite books of all time, THE OUTSIDERS. I'm totally sure he's not doing it on purpose, but Seth is a guy, and he can't ever know what it feels like to walk down a hallway and know that you're getting judged for the size of your ass or how big your boobs are. He'll never understand what it's like to second guess everything you wear and how you sit and walk and stand in case it doesn't attract the right kind of attention or worse, attracts the wrong kind. He'll never get how scary and crazy-making it is to feel like you belong to some big Boy Monster that decides it can grab you and touch you and rank you whenever and however it wants." And if you upgrade to the VIP MicroBook Mega, I’ll do all the typesetting for you, and create the files you need to publish it. (Please note, I am unable to typeset complex or image-heavy books, so if you’re not sure, speak to me first.) A book’s impact is forever, and The Fear is fleeting—you’re not gonna arrive at the end of this life-game with your hair on fire knowing you let a fleeting fear stop you speaking up, are you?

Formatting your book - Moxie Books Formatting your book - Moxie Books

Some people finish writing and editing their book in 4 weeks. Some finish their first draft in 4 weeks, then edit afterwards. Others make a wonderful start and then go onto finish their book in the following weeks. Vivian finds a note from an anonymous girl who says she was raped the previous year. Vivian gets "Moxie" supporters to stage a walkout in support of the girl. The majority of students participate, and Vivian reveals that she started "Moxie".All the resources are available in multiple formats: written, audio, and video with closed captions and transcripts. I’m going to be very transparent in the fact that I am never going to stop obsessing over this book. So be prepared, especially in the coming months of Moxie’s release, I ain’t shutting up about it.

Moxie Quotes by Jennifer Mathieu - Goodreads

It’s like I’m living in a feminist fantasy,” Lucy says. “But it can’t be a complete fantasy because Roxane Gay isn’t here.”

Well,” Lucy starts, and you can tell she’s excited to get going, even sitting up a little straighter in her chair, “if you think about the reference the speaker makes in line 8, what I’m wondering is if the light doesn’t indicate, a, um, what would you call it … like a shift in the speaker’s understanding of…” The second set of quotes almost gave me an aneurysm, because at the heart of it, that's the sort of feminism this book promotes: It's the kind of feminism that claims to want "equality of the genders" but then demands that men shut up and let women talk. This is not the sort of feminism that encourages a dialogue- at heart, it's basically, "Women can make all the declarations, and if the men debate this or disagree with us, They Just Don't Get It because they're Not Women." There are some new things that I love – the movie feels updated, for example, and it’s also more diverse. The first point is an interesting one, as the book came out in June 2017, but would have likely been written over the couple of years preceding that. So 3-5 years, it doesn’t sound that long. But I did honestly find it noticeable. The movie keeps a lot of things that are needed but may not really be as prevalent now – like the late-night copy shop, but we also get more social media and a generally more modern feel. I can’t quite describe it. Fleming, Mike Jr. (February 20, 2019). "Amy Poehler To Direct 'Moxie' At Netflix; Riot Grrrl-Inspired Teen Starts Feminist Revolution At Her High School". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on February 20, 2019 . Retrieved October 29, 2019.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment