Magento Forum - UK Magento Forum (Unofficial)

An unofficial but dedicated Magento Forum for Magento Users, Designers and Developers

Required Magento Extentions - MCRYPT / CURL

All things related to hosting Magento and configuring your server for Magento

Required Magento Extentions - MCRYPT / CURL

Postby Mudge » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Hello all,

The company I work for have developed a Magento site which they will currently NOT be doing live transactions on. Just buttons filling out subject field in an email with product name to be sent to them for follow up.

The questions is does CURL and MCRYPT need to be installed on their server to install Magento?

These seem to be involved with encryption (which they do not need as they are not selling through the website) and connecting to other servers (e.g Paypal etc... - again, not required)

There current shared hosting does not provide these extensions and they are ideally not looking to upgrade at this moment in time.

Will Magento throw a hissy fit if they are not found? The 'shopping cart/checkout/login' facilities are disabled at this point in time.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Mudge

Re: Required Magento Extentions - MCRYPT / CURL

Postby edmondscommerce » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Its a good question and I'm afraid I don't know for sure

it does beg the question though - why the heck are you using Magento to simply display some email forms?

Perhaps WordPress would have been a better choice?

Running Magento on shared hosting is almost doomed to failure for many other reasons beyond not having these two extensions available.

Good luck!
edmondscommerce

Return to Magento Hosting / Server Admin