276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Laurent Perrier Cuvee Rose Brut NV Champagne 75cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In 1945, de Nonancourt returned to Champagne, eager to start work in the family business. Following a three-year apprenticeship in the vineyards, cellar, office, and on the road as a salesman, de Nonancourt was appointed chairman and chief executive of Laurent-Perrier. He was just 28 years old when he started and held the position for 60 years. During this time, de Nonancourt increased Laurent-Perrier’s sales a hundred-fold, helping the brand become one of the world’s leading Champagne houses. Affectionately referred to by his peers as “Le Grand Bernard,” de Nonancourt passed away in 2010. Laurent Perrier is the largest family- and female-owned Champagne house. So, in 1889, Perrier created a sugar-free “Grand Vin sans Sucre,” which the brand launched at the Eiffel Tower’s restaurant. More than a century ahead of its time, the style was a precursor of today’s increasingly popular low-dosage sparkling wines. While Laurent-Perrier no longer bottles the wine as Grand Vin sans Sucre, it does offer a non-dosage Ultra Brut, which was introduced in 1981. Laurent-Perrier keeps things fresh. First launched in 1968, the wine is an outlier for rosé Champagnes, which normally blend red and white base wines to achieve a pale pink color. Instead, Laurent-Perrier lightly presses the red Pinot Noir grapes before macerating the must and skins for up to 72 hours in temperature-controlled vats. Following primary and secondary fermentation, the wines age on their lees for a minimum of five years. Laurent-Perrier’s Alexandra Rosé is equally iconic, but much rarer. Established in 1812, Champagne Laurent-Perrier has a long tradition of innovation in Champagne and can be credited with many of the ideas that have defined Champagne production since the mid 20th century.Laurent-Perrier was among the first to introduce stainless steel fermentation tanks to the region in the 1950s, resurrected the non-dosage Champagne category with the introduction of Ultra Brut in 1981, and sparked the revival of non-vintage rosé Champagne in 1968 despite the opinion of other producers that non-vintage rosés were not to be taken seriously. Today, Laurent Perrier's iconic Cuvée Rosé remains the benchmark for non-vintage rosé champagne.

Rosé sparkling wines like Champagne, Prosecco, Cava, and others make a fun and festive alternative to regular bubbles—but don’t snub these as not as important as their clear counterparts. Rosé Champagnes (i.e., those coming from the Champagne region of France) are made in the same basic way as regular Champagne, from the same grapes and the same region. Most other regions where sparkling wine is produced, and where red grape varieties also grow, also make a rosé version. How is sparkling rosé wine made? null No box Went to you cause I thought it came in a box, it was a present, could have got it elsewhere cheaper. Our panel of 10 testers popped the corks of 26 leading rosé champagnes. They were asked to rate each, looking for fruity flavours, refreshing acidity and lively bubbles. Grand Siècle always comprises 55 percent Chardonnay and 45 percent Pinot Noir grapes, which the house sources exclusively from grand cru vineyards. The cuvée takes its name (which means “Great Century”) from the period of French history during which King Louis XIV reigned. Laurent-Perrier owns a larger, physical link to the Grand Siècle.

Tasting Note Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé Brut NV

Laurent later died in a cellar accident, in 1887, leaving his widow Mathilde Emilie Perrier in charge of the business. Perrier combined her and her late husband’s last names to rename the house Veuve Laurent-Perrier. The de Nonancourt family brought fame and (eventual) fortune to the house.

In 1987, Laurent-Perrier launched the Alexandra Rosé. Unlike the Cuvée Rosé, this pink sparkler blends 80 percent white Chardonnay, with 20 percent red Pinot Noir. It is always released as a vintage wine, and only seven iterations have been released to date. The first one, 1982, debuted at the wedding of Alexandra’s de Nonancourt, Bernard’s eldest daughter. If in doubt, you can’t go wrong with a fruit-forward dessert, such as winter berry panna cotta. How we test rosé champagneThe bubbles in sparkling wine are formed when the base wine undergoes a secondary fermentation, which traps carbon dioxide inside the bottle or fermentation vessel. During this stage, the yeast cells can absorb some of the wine’s color but for the most part, the pink hue remains. How do you serve rosé sparkling wine?

Treat rosé sparkling wine as you would treat any Champagne, Prosecco, Cava, and other sparkling wine of comparable quality. For storing in any long-term sense, these should be kept at cellar temperature, about 55F. For serving, cool to about 40F to 50F. As for drinking, the best glasses have a stem and a flute or tulip shape to allow the bead (bubbles) and beautiful rosé hue to show. How long do rosé Champagne and sparkling wine last? Laurent-Perrier was also among the first houses to introduce stainless steel fermentation, circa 1950s, which also helps wines maintain a fresh character. Laurent-Perrier’s prestige cuvée pays homage to France’s “Great Century.” Rosé champagne is more than just an aesthetic win (who can say 'no' to pink fizz on the table?); it also perfectly complements a whole host of dishes. Pair lighter bubbles with the likes of crab cakes, seafood platters and goat's cheese canapés, or enjoy a glass on its own before dinner to freshen the tastebuds. During World War II, both Maurice and Bernard fought occupying German forces in the French Resistance. Maurice, the elder of the two, was captured by the German army and tragically died in a concentration camp. Bernard de Nonancourt was a French war hero.

Wine at a glance

Chicagolady Well received gift from me This was a gift and was well received by the recipient, but I’m unable to review properly for that reason. I can only say that if I’d received it, I would be very pleased!

Champagne houses blend multiple vintages of base wines to create a consistent “house style” year after year. Laurent-Perrier’s signature style, conceived by Bernard de Nonancourt, aims to provide freshness and elegance in a glass. To do this, its blends are driven by a higher-than-normal percentage of Chardonnay grapes, the least-planted and most expensive in the region. SMHParks Celebratory Champagne I have tasted and enjoyed this in the past. On this occasion I bought it as a celebratory bottle for my granddaughter and her fiancé. I hope they enjoyed the wine as much as I have in the past.Laurent-Perrier has become one of the international leaders in Champagne based entirely on the quality of the wines and core values as a company. Laurent-Perrier is still a family-controlled business and makes nothing other than champagne. The house prides itself on quality and consistency, attributable to having only 3 chefs de caves since 1949. Bernard de Nonancourt believed nature cannot provide the perfect vintage every year, so, in 1959, he launched Grand Siècle, the brand’s prestige cuvée. Grand Siècle blends base wines from three vintage years and breaks from the regional convention that a house’s most prestigious Champagne should be a vintage wine. Lis69 Rose NV Champagne Online gift for significant birthday. Recipient was suitably impressed. Delivered within promised time frame so very happy about that.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment