276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lalique Encre Noire a l'Extreme Eau de Parfum Natural Spray

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The veitver gently wafts up from underneath, like earth permeating a layer of pine needles lying on the forest floor. And then as the cherry on the cake: the powderiness from the orris and the benzoin, the latter of which also adds even more to the balsamic undertone, AND the earthiness of patchouli which just rounds up the whole composition perfectly.

EN L'extreme is a fragrance made for the introverted, intellectual man who is in balance with himself and nature. That is the dominant note for a good 30 minutes before the rest of the notes really can be appreciated. I'd recommend it up until temperatures outdoors start overtaking room temperature by a few centigrade.It' s a dark woody smell with little to no complexity, for winter, but not the classic oily dark vintage smell. The opening is woody, at first I found it a bit depressing but, now I find it to be a comforting opening; being in the woods on an autumn day after some rain. The fragrance opens with a heavy hit of cypress, blended with slightly spicy elemi, and translucent vetiver. A voluptuous dry-down of caressing sandalwood and velvety patchouli, made more addictive still with a lick of balsamic benzoin, prolongs this woody intensity. Encre Noire à l’Extrême plays on contrasts to express every facet of masculinity through powerful, seductive accords.

My first taste of this was subverted by a Vetiver Oil perfume that had clung to my shirt from the day before. The scent is still great (especially in a first 2 hours), but after that time it becomes sour and quiet. This is much more sexy than the edt, however it's a little too smoky to my nose as opposed to being more woody and or leathery, which would amp up the sex appeal imo. It does however calm down after an hour or so to reveal a nicely blended, high quality, deep smoky vetiver scent with the orris and resins playing a big part.I don't think the original is difficult to wear, but it feels more simplistic and linear with its musky vetiver note. it is really poor on both longevity and sillage, honestly, I was disappointed, I'm a generous sprayer and I spray like 7 sprays sometimes more of this fragrance trying to improve performance but no it doesn't. As of now, I can say with confidence that this is my favorite fragrance out of all of the others I’ve owned so far. In sum, I love ENALE both for the ways in which it is similar to Sycomore (EDT) and for the ways in which it differs. It’d make a good choice for those who want an alternative to the sugary confections filling up the shelves in the high street.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment