276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Percy Jackson and the Olympians 5 Book Paperback Boxed Set (new covers w/poster) (Percy Jackson & the Olympians) by Riordan, Rick (2014) Paperback

£30£60.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One criticism the movie adaptations received is how the main trio was aged up for the screen. The new adaptation will remain true to the character’s ages in the books, with a younger trio cast. This means Mount Olympus is virtually unguarded, so Percy and an army of young demigods must stop the Lord of Time. All the while, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy’s sixteenth birthday unfolds.

Percy Jackson Cover - Etsy UK Percy Jackson Cover - Etsy UK

Chalice is meant to be a standalone for now. It was originally one of three ideas I had for Percy’s senior year adventures, so it’s possible I could write the other two at some point in the future. That really depends on what my schedule ends up looking like in the next few years. As you probably know, the film and TV adaptations have been consuming a great deal of my time over the last two years. This edition of the series used almost the same color scheme, ranging from dark greens to bright oranges. Percy consistently appears in this version with his sword, also called Riptide. There’s also a clever use of typography where the Y from Percy’s name looked like a trident, depicting Percy’s relation to Poseidon since he’s his son. This reissue of the book cover is really cool. It shows the more of the danger that Percy faces in the story. I will be doing a brief North American tour for the book in the fall, as I have done in the past (pre-Covid). Unfortunately, I don’t have the time or bandwidth to do an international tour. My apologies to my global readers! Hopefully we will be able to offer some of the US events on line if you want to join us from abroad. As soon as I have details on the tour, I will post them on my blog.That’s because the flow may feel disrupted with the short stories that are scattered throughout the timeline. As well, since Riordan was writing multiple series over the span of many years, there is overlap throughout the universe with events taking place at the same time. Some of the short stories are also hard to place within the timeline, because trying to line up seasons, ages, and events within the overall timeline with the main books can be challenging.

Percy Jackson Book Covers - Adazing Percy Jackson Book Covers - Adazing

He has assured fans that a repeat of the 2010 and 2013 movies will not be the case for the new Disney+ show which will premiere in December 2023. Riordan says that the show will finally deliver a faithful adaptation and that it is the depiction of Percy on screen that everyone has been waiting for. What if the gods of Olympuswere alive in the 21st Century? What if they still fell in love with mortals and had children who might become great heroes — like Theseus, Jason and Hercules?Other series, like the Kane Chronicles, Trials of Apollo, and Magnus Chase, don’t feature Percy at all. These books, however, are set in the same world. This means that names and places will be familiar. The half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans all year, even though they know their chances of victory are grim. Meanwhile, the Olympians are struggling to contain the monster Typhon and Kronos has begun to advance on New York City.

Percy Jackson Books - Goodreads Percy Jackson Books - Goodreads

The demigods rush to the rescue to find that Grover has made an important discovery: two powerful half-bloods whose parentage is unknown. But that’s not all that awaits them. The titan lord Kronos has devised his most treacherous plot yet, and the young heroes have just fallen prey. More news soon, and thanks as always to my terrific readers. It has been a thrill to write in Percy’s voice again, and a great honor to know that these books have been part of your lives! Short answer: To celebrate the upcoming Percy TV show! Disney Publishing asked me what kind of tie-in books we could market for the show, and Chalice of the Gods was my idea as a ‘thank you’ to fans who have waited so long for a great adaptation. If you are one of the many readers who have asked me over the years for a new Percy/Annabeth/Grover adventure, this is for you! The book covers for the 2022 reissue were part of a marketing campaign to get new readers interested in the series.

More Books On This Series

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment