276°
Posted 20 hours ago

EVG 20mm x 25m Copper Slug Tape | Adhesive Copper Slug Snail Repellent | Slug Deterrent Barrier Tape | Humane Pest Control

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Therefore, we can at least ignore the assumption that copper must be wet or covered with a patina to work. If you have a damp basement, use a dehumidifier to prevent moisture accumulation and wet environments. Dampness is not good for your house structure either. If slugs eat this bait, they will stop feeding and die after a few days. Refrain from using slug baits containing metaldehyde as it is toxic to pets and people.

As members of the Mollusca group of animals, slugs and snails use Hemocyanin proteins in their blood to transport oxygen around their bodies ( whereas we mammals use iron based Hemoglobin). These Hemocyanin proteins contain two copper atoms. This makes all molluscs very sensitive to the ingestion of additional quantities of copper. Too much copper and it prevents oxygen from moving around their bodies and they eventually die, unless they flee to safety. It may not stop all snails and slugs, but it will at least keep the majority away. Products & Prices General It’s now the end of July, and I am reasonably happy to report a modest success rate with the copper tape for slug and snail protection. This year, I’m growing Hostas, Pak Choi, French marigolds, and Larkspur. These plants, in the past, have been magnets for slugs in my garden. So far, they are all looking very healthy, with no signs of damage. I did notice a single solitary snail in one of my planters, but there was no damage to report. Perhaps the experience of crossing the copper tape caused them to lose their appetites.If you would like to use copper to protect your garden beds, you need to attach it to a bed enclosure.

The double roll form of this door seal makes it very convenient to use. You can re-use this multiple times. You will be protected from the cold wind in winters and slugs all around the year. How to Use Door Seals? Copper tapes last long, offering greater value for money. You can place them across your floors, door thresholds, and around pots. Reptiles: Attract slowworms into your garden. They love eating slugs and snails. Give them an incentive to call your garden “home”. A piece of corrugated iron is a perfect dwelling for most slow worms. After this, you have to clearly and carefully apply the bait to such places. The slugs will be repelled by the smell of the bait. And once consumed will cause the slug to die within a few days. This makes sure that you never face any uncomfortable situation with slugs.

One of the biggest benefits is the ease of installment for copper tape, especially the self-adhesive variant. Anybody can do it within minutes.

The fossilized remains of diatom, photosynthetic, single-celled aquatic algae, can also be used to eliminate slugs from your home. Avoid Metaldehyde-based slug pellets: Unless the pellets have the organic seal of approval, they are likely to contain very harmful chemicals that will harm other animals and perhaps even children. They are not as effective as organic slug pellets. Avoid it at all costs! From my experiences this year, copper slug tape is only partially effective in creating a barrier and protecting my plants. This is because I have to factor in other things, such as dryer weather and the use of several other slug and snail control methods. So, to answer the question, does copper tape for slugs & snails work? I believe it helps, but only to a certain degree. You will need to combine it with other methods of slug and snail control for a satisfying level of protection. Copper tape slugs and snail barrier is just another tool to add to your arsenal in the war against slugs and snails. But I believe it to be a valid one all the same. It’s all about balanceFor starters, it’s a good idea to remove any food debris you have in the house - especially if you have it on floors or windowsills, or other hidden areas in the kitchen. Slugs have an incredible sense of smell and can seek out delicious food with ease. And they’ll slither through the smallest of spaces to get to this food if they want it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment