276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Village Scandal: The latest heartwarming and uplifiting Sunday Times No. 1 bestselling historical romance from the author of the Christmas Wedding (The Village Secrets, Book 2)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Poor Daisy is really an amazing character throughout the series, determined and ever ladylike she faces everything thrown at her head on with dignity and grace with her amazing support network of friends and servants I won't spoil the end of the book but it's apt and well deserved. I wasn't too sure, as from my knowledge of the author's style, the front cover, the title, and synopsis, I approached it already suspecting it wasn't my cup of tea.

They can all be read individually, though so good I couldn't wait to start reading the next book in the series. I'm also a little surprised by the titles in this series as they do not really accurately reflect the main plot and content. So I found it easier than novel one because I knew the characters, but just didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. Married life isn’t going how Daisy planned but she never gives up despite the obstacles that keep getting thrown in her way.

But the secret of Jay's disappearance is more scandalous that she could have ever imagined… Don’t miss the latest spellbinding story from Dilly Court – the sequel to The Christmas Wedding! bestselling historical romance from the author of the Christmas Wedding (The Village Secrets, Book 2) Increase quantity for A Village Scandal: The latest heartwarming and uplifiting Sunday Times No. But I was disappointed that the medical element in book one, the nursing, the cholera epidemics, the treating of minor ailments, was completely absent from this novel. The second book in the Village Secrets Trilogy by Dilly Court, A VILLAGE SCANDAL picks up from where "A Christmas Wedding" left off, as Daisy and Jay marry. The second book in the dramatic new Village Secrets trilogy from the Sunday Times bestselling author - the perfect, uplifting book to curl up with.

it is to be fair like the first book, quite an easy lightweght read but still full of content and i have enjoyed the lives and loves of all the main characters and how time porgresses and their lives change. I did find myself disappointed with the first part of the book with Marjorie Harker continually lording it over Daisy, despite her saving her pinched face from disaster. Dilly Court definitely knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat with this book, a real nail biter.Then the following morning, she is even more shocked to learn that Jay has decided to sail with the Lady Jane as seafaring is what he knows. Everyone thinks Jay is dead but Daisy won’t give on her husband and she rents out the Manor House to help pay the estates debts. The second book in the dramatic new Village Secrets trilogy from the Sunday Times bestselling author.

Now, for the benefit of the village, Daisy and Jay remarry in a lavish ceremony and wedding breakfast held at Creek Manor, that Jay inherited from his philanderous father, and in which they now live with Jay's mother Mary, Daisy's friend Hilda and her children. He escaped to Australia with his first wife and child leaving his third wife to manage his estate and a happy ending sees her marry a business parted who came to aid when she was in dire need. Refusing to give up hope, Daisy must draw on all her strength and courage – after all, she has people who depend on her.This is their second wedding as the first ceremony had to take place without any guests due to the bad weather. This is the 2nd in a trilogy, the first being "A Christmas wedding" which at the end of the book Daisy and Jay marry.

Refusing to give up hope, Daisy must draw on all her strength and courage - after all, she has people who depend on her. I have to say firstly I am not sure how much sense it would make if you read it without the first in the trilogy. the roses and bluebells were blooming and their sweet-scent was filling the air, so why did Daisy feel the cold fingers of fear run down her spine?

There's no news from Jay, no one knows if he is dead or alive but her estate still needs looking after as does the people who rely on her.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment