276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Barbie Collector # 20355 Audrey Hepburn

£76.92£153.84Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This article was amended on 15 November 2020 to correct Helena Coan’s age; she is 26, not 28 as an early version stated.

Barbie Doll as Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Pink

Fans of Star Wars, Twilight, and even Jurassic World can have their very own Barbie-sized versions of their favorite characters.

Joined by chimpanzee David Greybeard, the Goodall Barbie doll wears field attire and comes equipped with a pair of binoculars and a notebook. The sculpt is madam LaVinia and she’s dressed in a faux leather bralette, satin palazzo pants and a red tulle bodysuit. I should have put on her a couple of Chanel-style chain necklaces or even a chain belt, they would look lovely with this.

Barbie Audrey Hepburn - Etsy UK Barbie Audrey Hepburn - Etsy UK

Head and Hepburn would work together on ‘Sabrina’in 1954, where Head would famously fail to acknowledge Hubert de Givenchy’s work in her Oscar acceptance speech for the film’s costume design, and on ‘Funny Face’(1957). If I could have just seen him regularly, I would have felt he loved me and I would have had a father … I tried desperately to avoid it for my children. My father leaving] was the first big blow I had as a child, it was a trauma that left a very big mark on me, it left me insecure for life,” she reveals. It’s had arguably one of the best press tours of recent years – with star Margot Robbie dressed as a string of real-life Barbie dolls – and has sparked a craze for all things pink.But as the performed it-girl Holly, gradually losing track of her past selves, she’s both movingly fragile – we’d get her wounded wanderlust even if she hadn’t been handed Moon River to sing in a perfect spotlight scene, but it doesn’t hurt – and irresistibly spritzy. We have seen lots of them on Silkstone dolls and they are all lovely, so I guess this one will be too. Black, sleeveless and made of winkled silk, Audrey Hepburn paired it with a wide-brimmed hat and a pair of black opera gloves. But there’s still a tender kind of truth to its sentimentality, and a heartsore vulnerability to Hepburn’s little-girl-lost performance that cuts through the cliche of that very description.

Fashion Doll Chronicles Silkstone - The Fashion Doll Chronicles

She wears a re-creation of the famed black and-white embroidered long gown Sabrina wears upon her entrance into Long Island society. However, during World War II, when Paramount was trying to make budget cuts, Edith was happy to sacrifice Cassiniby convincing Paramount that she could handle all of the design responsibilities without his help. Barbie is an icon, and so are the celebrities on this list of famous people who have been transformed into Barbie dolls. You can see why Capote, who lobbied the studio to cast Marilyn Monroe in the part, was unhappy with Hepburn’s casting: there is no part of her, even buried deep within, that speaks of middle America.This resulted in Oleg Cassini(who would later go on to design Jacqueline Kennedy’s White House wardrobe) being hired to join Head in the wardrobe department as an additional designer. The couple married in Switzerland in 1954, had a son – Sean Hepburn Ferrer, Emma’s father – and divorced 14 years later. Head and Kelly developed a close friendship that began with Kelly’s small role in ‘The Bridges at Toko-Ri’in 1954. Head was known for consulting with many of the leading female stars of the 1940s and 1950s whom she designed for, including Bette Davis,Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Barbara Stanwyck and Elizabeth Taylor. Head also designed the dowdy wardrobe worn by Kelly as the wife of an alcoholic in her Oscar winning role in ‘The Country Girl’(1954), but hoped for a more fashionable film to work with the up and coming actress.

Audrey The Story Behind That Little Black Dress Worn by Audrey

The venerable Musée des Arts Décoratifs in Paris is mounting a breathtaking exhibition dedicated to Barbie. Their working relationship developed when Alfred Hitchcock chose them both to work on his 1954 film, ‘Rear Window’, a film that finally allowed Head to design stylish clothes for Kelly in her role asthe fashion model Lisa Freemont.

She dressed the actress in dresses with full skirts to hide her legs, a plain blouse with the sleeves rolled up to camouflage Audrey’s thin arms and used necklaces and scarves to distract attention away from her collarbones. if you compare her with Mattel's 3 Elizabeth Taylor dolls and 2 Vivian Leigh dolls from the "Timeless Treasures" collections, you'd agree the other two faces were more detailed and lifelike.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment