276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SKY WATCHER SKYLINER 200P 203MM (8") F/1200 PARABOLIC DOBSONIAN TELESCOPE

£94.995£189.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It was pin-sharp across 75 per cent of the view, trailing off only slightly towards the edges: the best of the group in this respect. Easy to set-up and operate, stunning views Hi, wonderful telescope, easy to set up (although the instructions don't quite match) and operate. Take a quiet day to read through the guides carefully - lots of useful information. Saw Jupiter's spot and layers, and looking forward to galaxies. The moon was breathtaking - my 11 year old gasped! (18/11/2022) Dave - Hayling Island, England With a 1.25-inch eyepiece diameter, the telescope can provide a wide field of view and a range of magnification options. The telescope comes with two eyepieces (10mm and 25mm) that provide magnifications of 40x and 100x, respectively. Optical tube It offers excellent optical performance, a sturdy mount, and a large aperture, which allows for detailed views of the night sky.

The first night out there wasn't a cloud in sight.Looking up with just my eyes I was eager to see what this scope would find. Deep-sky views were also impressive.Using the 25mm eyepiece, the Whirlpool Galaxy had a large disc that seemed to overlap its smaller companion. All Sky-Watcher f/5 Newtonian Reflectors feature 0.5mm ultra-thin secondary mirror supports to reduce diffraction spikes and loss of contrast. However, whether or not this Sky-Watcher dob is worth the investment ultimately depends on your personal interests and budget. Takeaway: The Sky-Watcher 200P telescope is a good quality telescope for astronomy enthusiastsThe maximum practical magnification of the Sky-Watcher 200P is 400x, which is also quite impressive. However, as mentioned earlier, magnification isn’t everything when it comes to observing celestial objects. With the Sky-Watcher 200P’s large aperture, you can observe galaxies, nebulae, and star clusters in great detail.

We have only been using this telescope (the first we have bought) for 2 days but it has already exceeded all expectations. Delivery (international) was very fast and the telescope itself is very well built. We also measure the Power with our systems which is essentially the error from the reference sphere to the test optic. The reference sphere we use on our system is a very high quality sphere so the closer to zero the Power, the less error between the 2 elements thus ensuring a higher quality optical surface.That is Right Ascension “explained”– so really – irrespective of the scope you go for, these topics will be of interest and whilst they do not need mastering at first – the 200p will certainly demand an understanding of this fundamental navigation/co-ordinate principle if you wish to progress to using it for more serious astronomical photography and video (yes – you can even take videos through it with a webcam!) I really like solid tubes for 8ʺ Dobs or larger. A 10ʺ scope becomes a bit uncomfortable to wrap your arms around, and a 12ʺ or larger is a nightmare to handle, unless you are built like Paul Bunyan. The Focuser of Skywatcher Classic 200 Dobsonian

This is an absolutely excellent telescope and at such a reasonably price . It is so lightweight and perfectly mounted on my NEQ6 Pro mount . Collimation was reasonably easy with the Rigel Aline Collimation cap . The optics are fast at f/4.5 with Skywatcher x0.9 Coma Corrector . My camera (850D) connected perfectly to the coma corrector . The Explorer-200P passed all our tests with flying colours and was a delight to use both optically and mechanically... The overall stability of the system impressed us...The mount was the most stable in the test with no flexing at all...The quality of its views just pushed it ahead of the Europa, giving us a very enjoyable look at all of our test objects." Read also: 15 Best Telescopes for Astrophotography (Full Guide) Is the Sky-Watcher 200P telescope good for beginners?

Please fill in the form below to ask a question.

The Sky-Watcher Explorer-200P is quite striking with its blue tube, EQ5 mount and sturdy tripod with stainless steel tubular legs. First telescope 5 starThis is my first telescope. Arrived faster than I expected, especially close to Christmas. The telescope comes with EQ5 mount, very heavier and sturdy. Unfortunately haven't got a chance to look at the sky due to the bad weather. (14/12/2018) Leo - Plymouth great service ad great productTelescope and other equipment delivered within 24 hours. Not had much chance to use scope yet but impressed by it so far. simple to assemble base and not to difficult to move out into garden. Looking forward to many hours viewing. (26/01/2022) -

Good value for moneyThis is a marked improvement over the budget Newtonian I had as a teenager. The tripod is robust and steady, though it doesn't match the picture in the instructions (which are not that good). The telescope needed collimating. The setting circles on the mount are not that useful. (24/04/2020) Michael Stevens - SurreyThese instruments offer an incredible aperture-to-price ratio providing affordable access to serious deep sky observing. The Dobsonian mount, popularized by John Dobson in the late 1970’s, is a very simple but effective method of mounting a Newtonian Reflector, based on the alt-azimuth principle. Fast and easy to set up, the Dobsonian mount consists of a box-type mounting which allows the telescope to pivot in altitude, while the box itself is rotated on a base in azimuth. The secret of the design is to correctly balance the optical tube and to use frictional materials, which allow it to move easily when nudged but to stay in position when not. The mount is designed to be driven by hand as opposed to slow motion controls. Sky-Watcher Dobsonians feature a unique patented Tensioner/Carrying handle for easy setup and moving of the instrument.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment