276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Waypoints: My Scottish Journey

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Having a few days free is a rarity for Sam and on a whim, he decides to walk the West Highland Highway, a mere 96 miles starting in the lowlands of Glasgow, all the way to Fort William, and if that wasn’t enough of a challenge, climbing Ben Nevis at the end too 😅 Reliving this journey of self discovery, whilst sharing some amusing anecdotes/reflections of his personal/professional life, Sam’s quest for solitude is mostly achieved, if you discount mushrooms (don’t ask 😂) and fellow hikers, Graeme and Lucy. Sam’s love of nature definitely comes across and it’s inspired me to perhaps attempt this myself one day to take in the sights!

Along the way, there are many ups and downs but one thing’s for sure - I could never be an actor. Such a pride swallowing, cutthroat industry. The pressure to look/act a certain way, years of juggling part time jobs/auditions, countless rejections, contract negotiations, projects falling through, the self-doubt, living hand to mouth, renting crappy bedsits/relying on the hospitality of others; whilst friends are finally beginning to settle and put down roots, Sam’s living out of a suitcase, existing on a shoestring, still dreaming of that elusive big break. It’s exhausting. If only he could have just been himself a bit more. Waypoints is a memoir with a difference! I wanted to tell the stories and share the experiences that have shaped me, but to do that I needed to challenge myself and spend some time in my own company, away from the distractions of everyday life. And for me there’s no better place to reflect than in the wild Scottish Highlands.’ Having worked together for almost 9 years, the costars have a say on set. Now, executive producers of a show they both love, Heughan and Balfe not only lead on set, but get to have creative input behind the scenes too. No longer naïve young actors, they now are role models to the younger cast. Sophie Skelton, Richard Rankin, Lauren Lyle, John Bell, and Caitlin O’Ryan have all spoken about this.

Saved events

Searching for the Sassenach!! I loved this part. How they went through actresses, but landed on this blue eyed Irish woman who hadn’t acted, but her talent was undeniable. Their chemistry test had to be broken up because they were literally wrapped up in each other and intertwined.🥵 that’s some chemistry right there. Their friendship and trust that grew through S1. What you see between them is the real deal. He felt he had to protect her and that he did. She is one of his most trusted friends. I love how he said the whole cast was super close and that he bonded with Graham Mactavish also.

As the title suggests, Waypoints is a rewarding mix of markers, both personal as he reflects on his life and geographical as he leads the reader along the West Highland Way’– The ScotsmanSam alternates between stories of his walk last fall along the 96 mile West Highland Way and to the top of Ben Nevis and memories about his life from childhood till now. Getting that role as The King of Men, Jamie Fraser. My God he was made for this role. I love how he said when he read through the audition script he got a “feeling” that he knew this man. That’s some special kismet stuff right there. Gives me chills. He talked about how much he loves Diana Galbadon and how she shared the ending of the whole OL series with him and Maryl. In this time to myself, once I’d learned to enjoy the walk with no pressure to see what was over the next hill, I have come to find a new appreciation of the world around me. It doesn’t take much for me to realize that perhaps I should apply the same approach to relationships. I’m also mindful that I am the son of a man who disappeared.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment