276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lalique Encre Noire a l'Extreme Eau de Parfum Natural Spray

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Throughout his life, René continued producing glassworks and jewelry and by the 1920s and 1930s, Lalique was amongst the world’s most renowned glassmakers. There is a high chance that beginners won’t like this and connoisseurs have already moved to much better stuff such as L’Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu and Jovoy Incident Diplomatique. Sycomore is a very special fragrance. It's different to many of the main perfume house's vetiver offerings.

Safe enough for a blind buy? Due to the quality, uniqueness and competitive current price of the fragrance, I recommend it for a blind buy. Can´t stop sniffing my arm when I wear it :D It´s an absolute TOP 1of3 favorite frag ever with great longevity ~12 hours on my skin, on clothes and hair it´s atleast 20h and with quite strong but smooth sillage. Drydown is >super-duper< nice. The sillage gets u over and over, lovely :D :D My favorite note of all time is cypress, but I've never been able to find a wonderful, dark, lush cypress note that lasts and isn't paired with vile citruses... The more that I live with the fragrance, the more I love it and the more I want to smell it. It's also now clear to me that the cushion of plush sweetness that surrounds the smoldering vetiver (and which actually outlasts the vetiver in the deep dry-down) comes largely from a sweet, creamy sandalwood. Similar: Many fragrances incorporate tobacco as the main tone, but not too many include tobacco and incense. These are some examples (by no means comparable to Sycomore, they are better and worse in their own ways): Amouage Memoir Men Eau De Parfum is a good example; Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havana is a tobacco masterpiece; Xerjoff Casamorati 1861 Naxos includes incense and is another niche gem for fragrance connoisseurs; Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Eau De Parfum is a designer that includes incense for a more mass appeal fragrance.I liked how someone said it's refreshing, yet warming in such a special way that only the perfumer, Polge, could craft such a masterpiece. Dense wisps of mist suddenly appear before my eyes, and rain pelts down on my pale skin as if the sky were weeping. As for me, I feel like they missed the great opportunity to create a stronger and bolder version which this ain’t. Thank you, Chanel, for Sycomore. As someone who likes earthy, woody frags it's a gamble to find ones that aren't overly masculine. Initially, Sycomore is quite masculine, then veers more feminine.

However, that's not the end of the story. When you apply it on skin, a sour citrusy smell emerges. One could argue that it's a woody smell too, a cypress maybe. With time, the smoke subsides, the citrus dominates, and the fragrance becomes wearable.Ya Encre Noir adalah parfum woody yang terkesan Gothic. Seperti lembabnya Gunung Halimun Bogor atau hutan bunuh diri Aokigahara Jepang. First impression - all my fears vanished, I like it a lot, and I find nothing that might be polarizing, offensive or overpowering. Just a very very nice fall/winter/spring - vetiver/woody/slightly resinous smell that for me fits any occasion. Very slight sweetness to it compared to most other similar perfumes - which is actually a refreshing aspect and confers the "darkness" that everyone talks about. I agree - it is dark. Definitely a worthy try that is also strong on projection and longevity (and so also justifying the Exclusif cost), I'd have to recommend this to all, for vetiver fans and non-fans (like me) alike.

Men and women over 30 years of age can pull this one easily since the vetiver does not know the gender, nor does the perfumery.I will say that this could probably smell strange on people's skin, I imagine the cypress could go sour or have the combination of vetiver and cypress smell rubbery. I really love this fragrance but don't go in with high expectations, it's linear and might react poorly with your body chemistry. This, to me, reminds me quite strongly of Fat Electrician by Etat Libre d'Orange. While there's not much in common notewise, the vetivers in both are quite creamy. The creaminess seems to come from the aldehydes and sandalwood, which make this more than three dimensional. The violet and what I detect to be iris offers a lovely powder accord and the tobacco is just gorgeous in this. May even be a bit cigarette like. For me it isn´t dark as many ppl say. In this its just fresh Woodsy notes in perfect harmony with Resin, Orris and Cypress. While I’m familiar with Extreme for a relatively short time, I that already known the original DNA for years. I understand the whole praise and all the accolades this line has received. It is the beautiful Ancre Noir. Right from the beginning. For that reason I disagree with those who say that: "The start of Sycomore is richer, smoother, more balanced."

Sycomore enhances the most beautiful aspects of the pure vetiver extract, but adds a particular Chanel chicness to make it into an utterly wearable work of art. Longevity is great for an EDT, I do a few replenishments throughout the day but I would do that with most EDT’s. I really enjoy it sprayed on clothes (particularly wool & cashmere).

Tùy chọn hiển thị nội dung đính kèm

This is the most well blended and balanced Vetiver scent I have ever put my nose on..."Having Said That" it's still Vetiver and although I think this works great for any sort of Business person in a suit, I don't wear my suits anymore so I can't see this being worn.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment