276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Novanime Clone Cody Capt Rex Helmet Resin Cosplay Full Head Mask Collectable Props Dress Up for Halloween

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s incredibly distracting, and frankly looks very cheap and nasty, and if you care about details, this will annoy you to no end. But it suffers from the same issues as 75276 Stormtrooper Helmet, and ends up at the same place: a polarising build technique to capture the respiratory tubes around the bottom of the helmet. Points for consistency, but it’s still a little jarring to look at (even if it is more fun to build). Having both Commander Cody and Captain Rex inducted into the Helmet collection makes perfect sense, and the boon of having both a Phase 1 and Phase 2 options means that it won’t feel awfully repetitive if you have to build both, especially one after another.

It’s a more successful interpretation of the character where it counts, and like the best LEGO sets, opens the door to many more possibilities. It’s tough on poor Rex, whose helmet is already much more difficult to pull off – so if you have the money and space, we’d very much recommend grabbing them both. They do look pretty good together… Overall winner:75350 Clone Commander Cody Helmet Star Wars Helmet Collection 15 ( Weapons & Uniforms: The Grand Army of the Republic) (Picture only) During the Imperial Era, the orange markings of Cody's armor were made gray with a few additional markings added to his helmet. [10] Behind the scenes First appearances Thanks for reading this review of both the 75349 Captain Rex and 75350 Clone Commander Cody helmets. While the Commander Cody helmet sports a design for the original Clones, the Rex counterpart skips forward to assemble a Phase II version of the armor. That gives the LEGO Captain Rex helmet a much more distinct design compared to the orange stylings of his commanding officer, while also keeping the lineup from being all too repetitive.

32 comments on this article

Innovation [3] – Introduces some really cutting edge sculpting techniques, especially for the Jaig Eyes and face Ghost Company played a role in the liberation of Ryloth under General Obi-Wan Kenobi and Commander Cody.

Keepability [4] – As part of the Helmet Collection, these will look great alongside others in the series I concur with Captain Rex, sir. This is personal for us clones." ―CT-7567 "Rex" and CC-2224 "Cody," to Obi-Wan Kenobi [36] The blue and and white colours of the 501st legion are brilliantly captured here, and I especially love how vibrant the blue is, although one could make the argument that the shade of blue isn’t 100% accurate.

Reference

LEGO really nailed Commander Cody’s helmet design, and this one is my favourite of the two. For starters, I really like the white and orange colour scheme, as it translates incredibly well here.

Clone Commander Cody’s helmet is recreated in a new 766-piece set, bringing to life the striking orange detailing of the helmet that appeared prominently in many episodes of The Clone Wars, with Clone Commander Cody standing alongside Obi-Wan Kenobi as another commanding officer of the 212th clone battalion. Like Captain Rex, the sculpting and ingenious use of negative space and depth are incredibly eye-catching, and I cannot state just how well they got the Clone Trooper look right. After landing outside of Nabat, Cody and his troops then took down the droids' defense. Cody then took Wooley, Waxer, and Boil to scout ahead. While Waxer and Boil went off on their own, Cody and Wooley found the cannons and witnessed the droids using Nabat's survivors as a living shield. After General Kenobi spoke with Windu, Cody signaled Waxer and Boil to return. After that, Cody, Wooley, Waxer, and Boil went with Kenobi to free the Twi'leks. [28] First Battle of Felucia In particular, I simply adore the brown color scheme in comparison to the other models we’ve seen from the collection over the years. It stands out so much compared to every other kit that has graced the lineup so far, and for that alone this one is worth a spot on your shelf. The greeblings aren’t bad either, with some fun details that break up the sleek curves of the Boushh helmet. 9to5Toys’ TakeOf the first two Clone Wars helmets for 2023, 75350 Clone Commander Cody Helmet feels like an easier win for the LEGO Star Wars team. But even with those sharper angles to enjoy, this is still an expertly-designed build that, like the rest of the LEGO Star Wars Helmet Collection, offers a far more engaging experience for your money than similarly-priced playsets and vehicles. The Clone Trooper Helmets translate incredibly well to the Helmet format, and with the bright colours of the 501st and 212th, I can definitely say that they’re great additions to the collection. Here’s my Helmet collection that I have on display, and as you can see my space is beginning to fill up, but Commander Cody and Captain Rex both look splendid alongside some of the other Star Wars (and non-Star Wars) helmets. Cody was later voiced by Dee Bradley Baker in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. [15] In " The Hidden Enemy," the sixteenth episode of The Clone Wars first season, Cody was mistakenly referred to as a captain by Kenobi, due to a script change in which Kenobi was originally talking to Rex. [64] The build was also mostly enjoyable in parts, with some really detailed and technical sculpting used to re-create the helmet’s shape, angles and also markings.

By contrast, Cody’s helmet benefits from bold and clean lines and angles from top to bottom – and yet still has just enough subtle shaping to maintain interest across build and display. Winner:75350 Clone Commander Cody Helmet Captain Rex vs. Commander Cody helmets characters Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Character Encyclopedia - Join the Battle! states that CC-2224 was born thirty-two years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas states begins in 0 BBY. Therefore, CC-2224 must have been born on Kamino in 32 BBY. The helmet design gets a lot of things right, and I especially love the use of negative space for the eyes and face, followed by the layered plates for the harder angles to get that Clone look just right.This helmet features Rex’s Phase 2 Clone Trooper helmet, a nice contrast to Commander Cody’s Phase 1 helmet. Yeah, regular folk don't understand. Sometimes in war, it's hard to be the one that survives." ―CC-2224 "Cody" [11]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment