276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bird's Trifle Kit, Strawberry Flavoured Dessert Mix, 141 g (Pack of 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Fill the middle of the bowl with more clementine slices, peeling and slicing more fruit as necessary, until the cake layer is completely covered. 5 Start on the custard I first published my traditional English trifle post a good few years ago now but with the jubilee celebrations approaching, I thought I’d reshare it because my lovely Nana would have been over the moon with me sharing her with you all! This traditional British trifle recipe is just the beginning, and you can take it anywhere you like. The final layer of your trifle is the cream. For peace of mind, Granny recommends using whipping cream; as it is easier to whip without the risk of over-whipping. However, I tend to find that whipping cream isn’t as readily available, compared to double cream. For that reason, I have listed double cream as a choice too. Both give fabulous results, just be cautious not to over-whip your double cream! (Or use whipping cream if you’re concerned).

Use Dream Topping to make a trifle topping with a whipped cream layer – or even use it to add a deeper creamy topping to a standard box of trifle mix. I use birds custard powder. I e found the best way to make a homemade trifle is over 3 days. Say you wanted to eat the trifle on a Sunday, I make the jelly on the Friday and allow to set in the fridge overnight. Make the custard on the Saturday and allow it to set in the fridge overnight, then make the dream topping on the Sunday morning and allow it to set from fairly early until just before eating. Then I decorate just before serving.Dream Topping Banoffee Pie – one of my favourites. Use Dream Topping as the top/white layer on top of your standard banoffee pie recipe.

Then put the bowl into sink with cold water in it, careful not to let water to get into the bowl and stir custard for several minutes to get custard to cool down. Keep stirring until custard has cooled to blood temp, keep stirring so it doesn't form a skin.My Nana used to pride herself on two things – her split pea soup and her trifles! When I was about six, I told her that she was the best ‘trifler’ in the world and I’m not exaggerating when I say that from then on, she reminded me of this EVERY single time she made a trifle.

Layer the bottom of your dishes (or dish if you’re making one big trifle) with your sponge fingers. Today I used two in each dish and I snapped each one into quarters so I could cover the bottom of the dishes. It’s a trifle! It’s got all of these layers. First, there’s a layer of ladyfingers, then a layer of jam, then custard – which I made from scratch. Raspberries, more ladyfingers, then beef sautéed with peas and onions. Then a little bit more custard, then bananas, and then I put whipped cream on top…” I am planning to make it myself for the Jubilee celebrations so I’ll update the photos when I do (if I remember)!One thing to be aware of when it comes to using fruit in jelly is that some fresh fruits will prevent your jelly from setting; these include fresh pineapple, kiwi and papaya. Using these fruits are part of tinned mixture doesn’t seem to have that effect though…don’t ask me why. Put on a low heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the custard comes to the simmer – any lumps should disappear as you continue to beat it. 7 Leave the custard to cool

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment