276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Synology DS223J 2 Bay Desktop NAS, White

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But even on the storage front, the DS223j leaves much to be desired. Like previous servers in the series, it doesn’t feature easy-access drive bays with tool-free installation. Instead, you’ll have to use a screwdriver to open its case, which is inconvenient and time-consuming. If you are looking for a user-friendly and intuitive private server ownership without having to grapple with the command line or a high learning curve, the DS223J is an excellent example of this and at this price point, it will easily pay for itself when you compare it to the monthly subscription cost for cloud services in just a couple of years by comparison. The DS223j NAS has Twice the Memory of the DS220j

An alternative to the DS223j would be the QNAP TS-233. From a pricing point of view it’s pretty much the same. With the difference that the QNAP TS-233 has 2GB of RAM. I had once a QNAP NAS but I sold it after some time, because it was too loud. The TS-233 should be quiet, but is it as quiet as the DS223j which turns off the fans when the system is idling?Should I buy an SSD for the drive slot number one {1ssd &5hdd}? My assumption is that will help with performance because the system will utilize that drive slot for the OS.

English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Español, Dansk, Norsk, Svenska, Nederlands, Русский, Polski, Magyar, Português do Brasil, Português Europeu, Türkçe, Český, ภาษาไทย, 日本語, 한국어, 繁體中文, 简体中文 Bellevue, WA: Feb. 8, 2023— Synology today announced the availability of the 2-bay DiskStation, DS223, the latest addition to its lineup of essential storage servers dedicated to home and SOHO use. For standard deviation, the DS223j recorded 79.58ms read and 121.42ms write in SMB, and 2,119.52ms read and 282.06ms write in iSCSI with our RAID6 config. Usable capacity for each volume will be lower than the maximum volume size and is dependent on the filesystem and the amount of system metadata stored. Update (28/09/22 UK) – The CPU that will be featured in the Synology DS223j, DS123 and DS223 will be the Realtek RTD1619. The articles have been updated. The release date is looking like Q1 (Jan-March) 2023.Compatible drive type” indicates drives that have been tested to be compatible with Synology products. This term does not indicate the maximum connection speed of each drive bay.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment