276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dell Latitude 7420 14" FHD Business Laptop (Black) Intel Core i5-1135G7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Fingerprint Reader, Win 10 Pro

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'm also including the ThinkPad X1 Yoga, a 2-in-1 that competes with the convertible version of the Latitude 7420. Finally, since our Latitude is a clamshell laptop without a touch screen, a comparison with the 13-inch Apple MacBook Pro is also useful.Many corporate users covet Mac laptops, too. Our specific test model is a mid-range SKU with Core i5-1145G7 CPU and 512 GB SSD for around 1,400 Euros. As a replacement for the previous 7480 models, the new 7490 looks much the same from the outside, but has had a complete overhaul internally.

The Latitude 9420 2-in-1's audio experience is above average for such a compact laptop. This is thanks in part to the speaker layout: two speakers fire upward through grilles flanking the keyboard, while two fire downward through the bottom cover. A total of four noise-cancelling microphones also help with audio quality, automatically adjusting echo cancellation, gain, and noise reduction. Another strong point is the AU Optronics 14-inch IPS panel that’s a decent brightness and has a healthy color gamut. It also doesn’t use pulse-width modulation (PWM) to adjust brightness, with the negative impact that can have on eyesight.

Our temperature development and power consumption results below show that the maximum power consumption of the CPU in the Dell is 50 watts ("Ultra Performance" mode). The CPU also heats up to almost 90 °C, which suggests that the 64-watt PL2 is not achievable under low temperatures. There are hardly any tablets in this display size range anymore. For subnotebooks, on the other hand, it is the standard format. Those looking for the best possible performance are not well advised with this SoC. The ThinkPad X1 Carbon gets 8 to 20% more performance out of the nominally weaker i5-1135G7, as Cinebench R15 and R20 show. There is no longer a 4K option for the screen, nor is there a touch for the clamshell 7420. On the other hand, our 400-nits IPS is just as bright, has wide viewing angles (Comfy View Plus), covers sRGB, and has a strong contrast of 1,800:1. The 4K panel of our former 7410 version was not missed; the high resolution is rarely needed for Office applications.

In 2023, Dell had an approximate 17% market share of global PC sales, ranking #3 after Lenovo and HP.Dell's main competition for the Latitude 9420 2-in-1 is the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 (and the recently released Gen 6, which we will be reviewing in the coming weeks). Although it has an older 10th Generation Intel processor, Lenovo's 14-inch convertible has many of the same features as the Latitude, including optional QHD and 4K displays and Intel's vPro manageability technology. The keyboard is pretty traditional, with decent spacing between the keys, and there’s a good-sized touchpad. My biggest concern – and one that may just be a random problem – is that the touchpad frequently doesn’t work properly. Other similar machines haven’t had this issue.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment