276°
Posted 20 hours ago

electriQ 12L Low Energy Dehumidifier. Eliminates damp, condensation, mould and mildew. Suitable for up to 3 bed house

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I highly recommend it to anyone who suffers from Asthma or other breathing conditions. Overall, I can’t praise this appliance enough, honestly, I feel better and can breathe. Now I’m all set for the Winter. With simple touch controls and a clear LED display, it's easy to set to your desired humidity. A traffic light system delivers a clear indication of the humidity level in your room by showing red for high, amber for comfortable and green for low or dry. We get our products developed in the same factories as their branded cousins. They even use a lot of the same bits and pieces to make them too. Because compressor dehumidifiers operate several degrees below room temperature, they tend to freeze in cold environments. For this reason, the manufacturer has included a smart automatic defrost function in this machine. The technology behind this inclusion is to prevent ice build-up on the evaporator coils. This intelligent defrost protects the unit, keeping it at optimum functionality for a long time. Built-in timer

The idea behind the supplied hose is that you can plumb it into the water outlet and have a permanent drain for your collected condensation. I didn’t use this and instead used the standard water tank method. It’s not just us shouting about how great our stuff is – some of our products have won awards for their top quality and their value for money! The main downside of a low cost dehumidifier is that the low price tag reflects a low extraction rate, which means they don't have the power to remove that much moisture from the air. There’ also a built-in handle on the top too, which seems to hold the weight of the unit and feels quite sturdy. electriQ 12 Litre Dehumidifier.Another amazing feature is the presence of a timer that ensures you are totally in control of your dehumidifier. This 24-hour timer helps you control the speed of the fan whenever you want. With it, you can even set when the dehumidifier will turn on or off. Active carbon filters One of the main features of this device is the inclusion of a large 2.5-litre water tank that collects the condensed water. The unit includes a hosepipe to connect to a drainage system, allowing you to never have to empty the water tank. If this is not possible, there is the water tank option. This large capacity water tank ensures you have to empty it less frequently. Additionally, this reservoir has antibacterial properties, which prevent pathogen build-up. Automatic defrost

Simply plug in the main cable (Which measures 1.5M) and turn on the unit using the power on/off button on the control panel. The electriQ 12 Litre Dehumidifier goes into its factory default setting of 55% humidity. But you can manually set it as low as 35%, although you’ll struggle to achieve this, especially in the winter months. But what it means is the dehumidifier will continue to work as hard as it can to remove moisture, without switching off. Noise levels: The official specifications say that this dehumidifier is 37dBA but I barely heard it. I didn’t even realise it was on when I was in the room. It runs so quietly, you occasionally hear the odd drip as the water hits the already collected water in the tray but that’s about it. It’s ideal for use when you’re working or overnight as it won’t disturb the peace. However, if you're able to extend your budget a little then it’s well worth looking at the Meaco Arete One Dehumidifier. This is more of an ivestment, but is our top-rated dehumidifier overall. Plus, it's quiet, easy to use, works superbly and is very energy-efficient compared to other compressor models. Its Smart Laundry Mode also makes it one of the best dehumidifiers for drying washing indoors. There are 10, 12, 20 and 25L models available, and, all offer a built-in air purifier that means they improve indoor air quality in more ways than one. You can get the full details in our MeacoDry Arete One Dehumidifier review. How we testedMy property is a standard 2 bed house, with recent double-glazed windows, which are very efficient for keeping the cold winter weather out. The problem is they’re too good! That may seem odd, but older windows ‘leak’ and therefore produce a stream of fresh air, which combats condensation. Condensation seems to collect on the cooler surface in my home, i.e. Windows, Exterior Walls and behind furniture, this always makes the interior walls damp to the touch, which then will turn into dreaded mould.

Portable - The dehumidifier is designed to be portable. It's lightweight at 11.5kg and features (concealed) castor wheels for easy transportation. Performance: Also capable of reducing moisture in a 15m² space, the Silentnight 39899 600ml Dehumidifier just does so at a slower rate than the ProBreeze 1500ml Mini dehumidifier, extracting 0.3L of water from the air per day in contrast to the ProBreeze's 0.5L. Filter - The unit has an active carbon filter with space for an HEPA filter to catch dust, pollen, allergens, etc. Drainage - Water can either be removed continuously down the drain or stored in a 2.5 litre antibacterial water tank, depending on if there's space for the tube. The tube allows the appliance to be run continuously. If the tank option is chosen, then the tank needs to be emptied periodically.Control and monitor the humidity of your home, office, boat, caravan, garage or holiday home from anywhere using your Android or Apple phone or tablet Noise levels: Along with the Silentnight 39899 I found this one of the quietest low cost dehumidifiers in this round up. It produces 35dB of noise whilst operating, but I didn't really hear it running at all. A couple of times, I even had to lean in to make sure it was actually switched on! I was given the same advice repeatedly, even though I had told them multiple times that I had tried this solution.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment