276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ESI - Energy Saving Innovation Controls ESCTDEB ESI Controls Electronic Dual Cylinder Thermostat, White

£11.795£23.59Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That sounds fairly normal to me. Cylinder thermostats are notoriously inaccurate. The problem is that cold water comes in at the bottom of the cylinder at say 5C and is heated by the boiler. Hot water rises to the top where it is drawn off to the taps at say 65C. So the temperature range of the water inside the cylinder is 60C. The thermostat is usually a third of the way up. What's the temperature there? who knows, somewhere between 5C and 65C. And it will change depending if the boiler is heating the cylinder or not, and how cold the incoming cold water is, both of which can change. If the Legionellasetting is active on the ESCTDE/B, the unit will automatically switch 230v to the Domestic Hot Water motorised valve (NOTE- this overrides any programmer settings), which in turn will bring on the heating, the output from the ESCTDE/B will remain on for 1 hour when the tank temperature is above 61℃. The large dial makes it easy to set the required controller temperature (between 25°C and 65°C), whilst the second (limit) thermostat is pre-set to 80°C with a concealed manual reset, to comply with building regulations.

When I bought the electronic thermostat, I assumed that, when the schedule for hot water was active, the ESCTDE/B was clever enough to automatically increase the demand temperature from the set point for the required duration when the day timer had counted down. Users want to know the temperature of the water going to the taps, but because the cylinder thermostat is much lower down, they are derated to take into account the temperature that they are measuring much lower down will be less. But because it's a moving goal post and even hot water cylinders vary due to their size the thermostats are rarely right. In my experience, the 10C difference you refer to actually about par for the course. Finished installation all working, as my hot water system is directly fed, (no header tank), I did not need to enable the ‘disinfection mode’, this mode increases the water temperature to 61℃ for 1 hour to kill Legionella, however, as the feature exists, I set it to activate once per week. We had been away for a few days hence the water temperature was showing 21℃, the unit was initially set for 48℃ and the Red LED shows the cylinder is calling for heat. Picture showing wiring from ESCTDE/B to heating terminal box and the tank temperature now reached the set-point of 48℃. Link to ESI Controls Information: A brilliant concept and will undoubtably save money as it does what it says Energy Saver. I have no connection to this company, this is purely my opinion. Read full reviewThe hot water can be stored at any desired temperature between 25°c and 65°c with the confidence that the weekly automatic one hour above 60°c kills any legionella bacteria, resulting in substantial energy saving. The LCD display shows the current water temperature and the user defined water temperature, while the red LED indicates that the unit is calling for heat. The hot water can be stored at any desired temperature between 25°C and 65°C, with the confidence that the weekly automatic one hour ‘boost’ to above 61°C kills any legionella bacteria, resulting in substantial energy saving. The duration of the legionella override can be adjusted from 1 to 7 days or completely disabled to operate as a conventional dual cylinder thermostat. NID cookie, set by Google, is used for advertising purposes; to limit the number of times the user sees an ad, to mute unwanted ads, and to measure the effectiveness of ads. The greatest energy and safety benefit of the ESCTDEB is the weekly one-hour ‘boost’ to over 61°C, disinfecting the cylinder, killing any legionnaire disease, allowing a lower storage water temperature and satisfying a number of legal and building requirements. If it is indeed broken, what do I replace it with? Is there any particular brand/model you would recommend?

The ESi Controls Electronic Dual Cylinder Thermostat* is a revolutionary new energy saving product, developed exclusively by ESi Controls. The Hot Water can be stored at any desired temperature between 25deg;C and 65deg;C, with the confidence that the weekly automatic one hour 'boost' to above 60deg;C kills any legionella bacteria, resulting in substantial energy saving. The large dial makes it easy to set the required controller temperature (between 25deg;C and 65deg;C), whilst the second (limit) thermostat is pre-set to 80deg;C with a concealed manual reset, to comply with building regulations. The unit is double insulated and easy to install and is an economical replacement for traditional mechanical dual cylinder thermostats, with real safety and energy saving benefits. This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen. My stat's broken right? Is there any other reason why it would behave like I described? The cylinder is in a cold loft so could the low external temperature affect the reading of the stat?The ESi Controls Electronic Dual Cylinder Thermostat ES-CTDEB is a revolutionary new energy saving product, developed exclusively by ESi Controls. It is a direct and economical replacement for traditional mechanical dual cylinder thermostats. With real safety and energy saving benefits and providing accurate temperature control, it also features a clear and informative LCD display.

Wiring was quite straight forward as per diagram.Remember you will need 5 core cable if changing from old 3 core ,like myself. Pay a sparky if you aren't clued up how to fit.The ESi Controls electronic dual cylinder thermostat is a revolutionary new energy-saving product, developed exclusively by ESi Controls and designed for greater accuracy, more effective operation and a real homeowner safety benefit. Making the decision on the right kind of Heating Control is a key decision. Once you decide that Cylinder Thermostats give the best solution then the ESi Electronic Dual Cylinder Thermostat - ESCTDEB is clearly worth considering.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment