276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wynn's 18985 5L Off-Car Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaner Removes Soot & Deposits From DPFs

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

trust me I’ve cleaned over 500 DPFs successfully, the company as a whole in the 1000s, and trained many dealer techs in the procedure who in turn 10s of 100s. Engine light came on July ’18 – DPF burn at garage (A) didn’t work – Wurth cleaner used and successful. Glowplug also replaced at this time.

DPF Cleaning. How to do it yourself! - Dutch Performance Products DPF Cleaning. How to do it yourself! - Dutch Performance Products

As described earlier, the driving style has an influence on the life of the diesel particulate filter. However, you will of course not make unnecessarily long journeys when you have nowhere to go. In this case, fuel additives can help. Prevention is always better than cure. However, sometimes it is already too late. If this is the case, you should look for a way to clean the DPF. After all, replacement is an extremely expensive affair. There are two ways to clean a DPF. You can have it professionally cleaned at a specialized company. The costs for this are easily around €500. Significantly cheaper than replacing the particulate filter, but still a significant expense. Another option is to clean it yourself with an additive. Free Delivery is not available for Over-Sized parcels, such as Exhausts, Radiators & Headlamps - For details on these items please see the 'Oversized Items' section below. The product is easy to add to the fuel tank. One 1 liter can is suitable for 40-80 liters of diesel. This video explains in a simple way how it works.So do additives and in particular DPF cleaning additives work? Yes absolutely, but they can’t perform miracles. Our Googling of DPF cleaners has unearthed some companies offering a DPF cleaning services.This type of filter off service is used widely in commercial application such as HGVs and construction vehicles. I was put off buying a diesel car for most of the last 10 years as your average mechanic (inc. many main-dealer ones) didn’t have much of a clue about EGR/DPF issues. Their solutions invariably revolved around expensive component replacement or it being ‘time to trade your car in’. Many mechanics, and I, understand how these systems work now as they’ve been around for a good few years, and earlier this year I traded in my (4 month old) petrol MX5 for a diesel Dacia Duster (circumstances dictated the need for a 4 seater).

DPF (DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER) CLEANER PLUS - Wynns USA DPF (DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER) CLEANER PLUS - Wynns USA

Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) often gets clogged from soot due to extensive urban driving (low Cat temperature). Bluechem’s DPF Service is your solution. Our 3.0 Bmw X3 Diesel E83 recently started giving problems and the cause was the dreaded Dpf. I tried three different makes of additive in the fuel tank but to no avail. I also attempted a manual regen. but again to no avail. I therefore had several choices. Deposits in the fuel system, air intake, EGR valve, injectors, etc. Modern diesel fuel systems are highly engineered, but are susceptible to deposits which may effect the efficiency of combustion. Inefficient combustion = more hydrocarbons, and therefore more soot in the exhaust and filter. If the filter is clean, the pressure difference will be small. As the filter becomes more clogged, there will be a greater pressure difference and if the difference in pressure becomes too great, the diesel engine will regenerate. Which means that the stored soot is burned, this is also called cleaning the soot filter. The burnt soot then turns into ash. Over time, so much has been regenerated that the entire diesel particulate filter is filled with ash instead of soot. You will then have to make a choice between cleaning the particulate filter or replacing it. There may also be a problem with the differential pressure sensor. The line (hose) to the diesel particulate filter may be torn, the differential pressure sensor itself may be defective or there may be a broken wire, for example in the signal wire to the computer.You also have the option to solve this problem yourself. With a fuel additive you can help your DPF to regenerate more easily. The additives that can achieve this contain a certain substance, which ensures that the combustion temperature of soot is significantly lowered.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment