276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook That Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Truth: Children on lowfat diets suffer from growth problems, failure to thrive and learning disabilities ( Am J Dis Child 1989 May;143(5):537-42). Truth: Average consumption of soy foods in China is 10 grams (about 2 teaspoons) per day and up to 60 grams in parts of Japan. Asians consume soy foods in small amounts as a condiment, and not as a replacement for animal foods. Truth: Saturated fats actually improve the production of all prostaglandins by facilitating the conversion of essential fatty acids (“Tripping Lightly Down the Prostaglindin Pathways,” westonaprice.org). Fish liver oils such as cod liver oil (preferable to fish oils, which do not provide fat-soluble vitamins, can cause an overdose of unsaturated fatty acids and usually come from farmed fish.)

Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats

okay, this is going to be harder to explain but I have this definition I never had before in my face and body. Like, contours I never knew I had. And it's not the weight loss because even when I was terribly thin I didn't have quite the same definition. I mean, it's magic! In Framingham, Massachusetts, the more saturated fat one ate, the more cholesterol one ate, the more calories one ate, the lower people’s serum cholesterol. . . we found that the people who ate the most cholesterol, ate the most saturated fat, ate the most calories weighed the least and were the most physically active.” – William Castelli, MD, Director, The Framingham Study Modern foods and modern food preparation techniques are pretty different from traditional foods and traditional food preparation. Modern foods and modern food preparation leads to compromised health, and the array of chronic disease we see all around us now. We have pointed out that concerns about vitamin A toxicity are exaggerated. While some forms of synthetic vitamin A found in supplements can be toxic at only moderately high doses, fat-soluble vitamin A naturally found in foods like cod liver oil, liver, and butterfat is safe at up to ten times the doses of water-soluble, solidified and emulsified vitamin A found in some supplements that produce toxicity.(1) Additionally, the vitamin D found in cod liver oil and butterfat from pasture-raised animals protects against vitamin A toxicity, and allows one to consume a much higher amount of vitamin A before it becomes toxic.(1-3) Liver from land mammals is high in vitamin A but low in vitamin D, and should therefore be consumed with other vitamin D-rich foods such as lard or bacon from pasture-raised pigs, egg yolks, and oily fish, or during months in which UV-B light is sufficient to provide one with adequate vitamin D. As a general guideline, we recommend the following doses of vitamin A from cod liver oil, along with a nutrient-dense diet that contains other vitamin A-rich foods: If you do decide to take the regular CLO then capsules are better as they are less likely to go rancid compared with the liquid as they are not exposed to the air.

Update 2019: Due to the massive amount of research on the devastating effects of eating animals and oils/fats that have been extracted from the original plant source, I no longer recommend this book. We followed her recommendations and ate like this for 11 years and it didn't improve my kids' teeth or our health one bit. I followed everything as perfectly as possible, even the recommended supplements. My kids never drank soda or juice and have never eaten at McDonald's or other fast-food restaurants and their teeth are still terrible. I still think that if people raise their own animals and grow their own food they will dodge many diseases but my family is now eating 100% whole food plant-based. No animals, dairy, eggs, oil, added salt or refined sugars. This was an easy transition for us because we already ate almost exclusively home-cooked meals and no refined sugar. We tossed the oils, dairy, and meat. We have seen significant improvements in our health. My husband lost 30 lbs. I lost 20 lbs. My kids stopped wetting the bed at night. No one has toothaches anymore so I am expecting to see improvement there. My son's acne cleared up. I no longer have insulin resistance. We all have more energy when we run and exercise. I no longer have joint pain. None of us wakes up with stomach aches anymore. My digestion has improved greatly! Truth: The all-cause death rate is higher in individuals with cholesterol levels lower than 180 mg/dl (Circulation 1992 86:3). Levels of vitamins A and D decline throughout all the processing steps starting from the point of extraction. As these levels are usually laid down in the product specification, A and D must on occasions be added to meet these specifications. We add retinyl palmitate (Vitamin A) and Vitamin D3 cholecalciferol. Although synthesised, the chemical forms of these compounds are those that occur in natural foods. These vitamins are not ‘artificial’ and are not toxic. They have been used by the food, food supplement and pharmaceutical industries for very many years and are approved for use by all relevant national and international authorities. Many foods in their ‘raw’ state are not suitable for human consumption and must, therefore, be processed. This may result in nutrient losses and the levels are often restored.

Nourishing Traditions is more than a cookbook–it’s an education that will lead you to “cook with pride,” as you will know that you are giving your family the proper nourishment for a lifetime of vigorous good health. Now that is the real “joy of cooking!” Truth: Like all legumes, soybeans are deficient in sulfur-containing amino acids methionine and cystine. In addition, modern processing denatures fragile lysine. Membership in The Weston A. Price Foundation® is your opportunity to receive our informative quarterly magazine Wise Traditions in Food, Farming and the Healing Arts and support our projects and objectives, including: The following industrial fats can cause cancer, heart disease, immune system dysfunction, sterility, learning disabilities, growth problems and osteoporosis: Take cod liver oil regularly to provide at least 10,000 IU vitamin A and 1,000 IU vitamin D per day.

Children over 12 years and adults: A maintenance dose of cod liver oil that provides about 10,000 IU vitamin A daily, obtained from 2 teaspoons of regular cod liver oil or 1 teaspoon of high-vitamin cod liver oil.Truth: Soy was first used as a food during the late Chou dynasty (1134-246 BC) only after the Chinese learned to ferment soy beans to make foods like tempeh, natto and tamari. Truth: Soy foods can stimulate the growth of estrogen-dependent tumors and cause thyroid problems. Low thyroid function is associated with difficulties in menopause. Children age 3 months to 12 years: 1/2 teaspoon or 2.5 mL, providing 4650 IU vitamin A and 975 IU vitamin D. Human beings have been consuming saturated fats from animals products, milk products and the tropical oils for thousands of years; it is mainly the advent of modern processed vegetable oil that ihas caused the epidemic of modern degenerative disease―not the consumption of saturated fats. The Fat-Soluble Activators Modern research has also revealed the many roles played by vitamin D, which is needed for mineral metabolism, healthy bones and nervous system, muscle tone, reproductive health, insulin production, protection against depression, and protection against chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment