276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Early inscribed copies of the first Harry Potter book with interesting or intriguing content are increasingly rare in commerce. J K Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone first edition, first printing Australian hardback.

Jo was in the ‘stupid’ row, ‘as far right as you could possibly get without sitting in the playground’. The First Canadian printing of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, published by Raincoast with its striking plain blue boards, is considered to be one of the scarcest Harry Potter books ever appeared. And finally, there is a misprint on page 53, which lists "1 wand" twice in the school supplies list. I cannot even begin to explain to you how much Harry Potter means to me, every single time I read these books I’m transported back to my childhood reading them for the first time again ❤️ honestly it’s my go to comfort read series!First published by Bloomsbury in the UK in 1997, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone set off a literary epic that would envelop and change children's literature for the 21st Century. This irresistible anniversary edition – available for one year only – will bring back treasured memories for the fans who remember the excitement when Harry’s journey first began, as well as introduce a new generation to the unforgettable story of the Boy Who Lived. Another aspect of the story, nearly as important, is the wonderful details which Rowling gives her readers. Say you've spent the first 10 years of your life sleeping under the stairs of a family who loathes you. Whereas a printing is where a publisher prints a certain amount of books to be sold, but the author needs more, which would be the second printing.

Provenance: the book was signed at the Edinburgh Book Festival for an attending child in August 2004. Joanne Rowling printed on the copyright page,Winner of the 1997 Smarties Gold Award on the front cover. Read and find out how Harry discovers his true heritage at Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft, the reason behind his parents mysterious death, who is out to kill him, and how he uncovers the most amazing secret of all time, the fabled Philosopher's Stone! Notably, the first printing of this book in hardcover format is exceedingly rare; only 500 copies were printed, of which about 300 ended up in libraries. Decorated with the original hand-drawn Hogwarts crest, the inside pages also feature the fully updated and redesigned story text to provide the perfect reading experience.The lifespan of the book has increased fivefold thanks to this intensive treatment, protecting the pages from decay. Some handling to extremities, and a light crease to top corner of front cover, otherwise seemingly unread. Bloomsbury UK has reissued all the HP novels in beautiful new hardcover editions with beautiful dust jacket art by Jonny Duddle. This gift edition hardback, presented in a beautiful foiled cloth slipcase decorated with brand new line art by Jonny Duddle, is the perfect introduction to Harry Potter. The stunning condition soft cover has strong unfaded colors with even the spine colors still being vibrant and withOUT any of common color fading to the spine.

Dazzling illustrations by award-winning artist Jim Kay overflow with rich detail, spectacular colour and humour, perfectly complementing J. About near fine book with some mild wear to the spine ends and the corners, light scattered bubbling to the coating of the rear panel and spine, and very slight lean to the spine.The first US edition was published by Scholastic in 1998 under the revised title Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, with small changes Americanizing some of the language. First edition, first impression, inscribed by the author on the dedication page, "To Ollie, hope you like this one too!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment