276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Morrisons Wholemeal Protein Bread, 400g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Remember that processed LC food is still processed food and hence not as good for us as your own cooking. As a diabetic I have been unable to eat pasta for years so was delighted to see this lower carbohydrate version. I am used to low carb substitutions and knew this wouldn't be a miracle replacement for pasta but this is just inedible.

I have found that Warburtons small wholemeal loaf (2 slices) raises my BG just one number provided it is well spread with butter, despite it having 9g of carb in each slice.

With carbohydrates turning into glucose in the bloodstream, a low carbohydrate bread is a good start but unfortunately is not enough alone to select a bread that will be well tolerated. Where the loaf is a smaller size, 2 slices have been calculated and per individual item for flatbread or sandwich thins.

Some can be much higher in carbs and many are made with refined white flour which many GD mothers may find more difficult to tolerate. Traditional sourdough undergoes a slow fermentation, which renders its vitamins and minerals more bioavailable.On checking the nutritional information we are struggling to see what makes this bread ‘low GI’ and we have not had enough members feedback on their results to be able to make a fair judgement on the product.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment