276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lenovo Legion 5 15.6 Inch Full HD Laptop - (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Windows 11 Home ) - Phantom Blue + Shadow Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

USB-A 3.1 gen 1, 1x USB-C 3.2 gen2 with Data, gen1, power and DP, 1x USB-C 3.2 gen1, HDMI 2.1, LAN, headphone/mic For now, here’s a specs sheet of the Legion 5 Pro and Legion 5 models, based on the little we know so far, and we’ll update as we dig out more details. Note that while the standard Legion 5 models are available in either 15 or 17-inch FHD 16:9 versions, the 5 Pro is only available with the newer 16-inch QHD 16:10 display. According to the spec sheet, the Legion 5 should have a 60Wh battery but the battery in my review unit was most definitely an 80Wh (5,210mAh) unit. Had it been the former, that would more easily explain the rather poor performance in our video rundown test. The Legion 5 Pro missed the eight-hour mark in our battery rundown, conking out hours before both the Predator Triton 300 SE and Alienware m15 R5 and nearly an hour before the Razer Blade 15. It easily outlasted the huge Alienware m17 R4, but you aren't likely to lug the Lenovo on the road with much frequency.

The Legion 5 Pro shows off solid results in these tests, breezing past the 4,000-point line in PCMark 10 that indicates excellent productivity for everyday apps like Word and Excel and slightly trailing its Intel-based sibling in our CPU benchmarks. It's more than powerful enough for daily duties and moderate content creation or multimedia editing. Graphics and Gaming Tests Powering the heart of the Lenovo Legion 5 Intel Core i7 Gaming Laptop (82RB000XUK) is the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Graphics card. Forged with the power of the NVIDIA Ampere architecture to ensure a leap in graphical performance, a whole new standard of visual brilliance has been set. Take your gaming up a gear with the Lenovo Legion 5 Intel Core i7 Gaming Laptop (82RB000XUK). Powered by an Intel Core i7-12700H 14 Core Processor, you'll have all the ammunition you need to enjoy high octane action within all your favourite games. This has an IPS panel rated at 165 Hz. According to AMD Radeon Software this has a FreeSync range of 60 Hz to 165 Hz. The minimum being 60 Hz is a bit poor, but with a 3070 also fitted the occasions when you can't maintain 60 fps at 1080p should be rare.Three benchmarks focus on the CPU, using all available cores and threads, to rate a PC's suitability for processor-intensive workloads. Maxon's Cinebench R23 uses that company's Cinema 4D engine to render a complex scene, while Primate Labs' Geekbench 5.4 Pro simulates popular apps ranging from PDF rendering and speech recognition to machine learning. Finally, we use the open-source video transcoder HandBrake 1.4 to convert a 12-minute video clip from 4K to 1080p resolution (lower times are better). The aluminium body feels reassuringly solid and the laptop’s lid has very little flex to it. I like the way the hinge has been calibrated so that you can open it with just one hand, too. Cinebench is often a good predictor of our Handbrake video-editing trial, another tough, threaded workout that's highly CPU-dependent and scales well with cores and threads. In it, we put a stopwatch on test systems as they transcode a standard 12-minute clip of 4K video (the open-source Blender demo movie Tears of Steel ) to a 1080p MP4 file. It's a timed test, and lower results are better. W (~6 h 6 min of use)– 1080p Netflix fullscreen video in Edge, Better Battery Mode, screen at 70%, Wi-Fi ON;

In our 3DMark tests, the Legion 5 Pro consistently beat the Asus Zephyrus G15. In Night Raid, the Legion 5 Pro scored 44,061 to the Zephyrus G15's 43,645; in Fire Strike, it won 22,031 to 21,211; in Time Spy, the Legion 5 Pro won, 9,583 to 9,333; and in Port Royal, the Legion 5 Pro edged out a win with 5,936 points to the Zephyrus G15's 5,723. I also did some testing in some games. I took some in Performance mode with OC, Quiet mode with again in Performance OC mode with my upgraded RAM: Ryzen 7 + RTX 3070 130W The synthetic tests above are helpful for measuring general 3D aptitude, but it's hard to beat full retail video games for judging gaming performance. Far Cry 5 and Rise of the Tomb Raider are both modern, high-fidelity titles with built-in benchmarks that illustrate how a system handles real-world video games at various settings. We run them at the games' moderate and maximum graphics quality presets (Normal and Ultra for Far Cry 5, Medium and Very High for Rise of the Tomb Raider) at 1080p resolution. Far Cry 5 is DirectX 11-based, while we flip Rise of the Tomb Raider to DX12.The APU reserves 2GB by default of system ram, which becomes unavailable for other software to use. My old laptop with Intel CPU and 1050 didn't reserve that much ram. There is a bios option that lets you reduce that amount to 1 GB or 512MB, but there is a warning against doing so. The only gaming-friendly design is the lid’s Legion logo, which has a great-looking iridescent sheen. The 2022 Legion 5 15 is a major update over the 2021 Legion 5 15. It utilizes the same GPU albeit at a higher TGP target (140 W vs. 130 W) while upgrading the CPU to the latest 12th gen Alder Lake-H series. The external chassis has also been updated for a newer and sleeker look. The Legion TrueStrike keyboard enables you to strike with extreme precision and satisfying keystrokes—now featuring 33% less percussion noise so you can work in silence. Featuring soft-landing switches that deliver deeper strokes with equal force on every strike, this keyboard provides the comfort you need to play at your best level. Never miss a shot via Legion Spectrum RGB, and a full-sized number pad and even larger arrow keys.

After taking a look at the inside, I noticed a very familiar sight. The cooling system is exactly the same as what I saw on both the 15” Legion 5 and Legion 5 Pro. The only difference is the heat pipes were stretched out a little further to span the chassis. Frankly, I expected more. The IPS panel is good but not high end. Testing was by observation using test patterns which should be representative for gaming uses. It has a good dynamic range and there was no obvious colour banding in gradients. Viewing angles are not the best for an IPS but far better than lower end TN panels. There is some brightness shift when viewed from the side, but if you keep your head within the width of display there is no problem. Vertically it is also good. There is only a very slight shift with angle and it is unlikely to affect normal uses. One was to the left side where there is a free M.2 slot. That cover was held in place by 3 screws, and there was some thermal pad on the underside to assist with cooling. W (~6 h 21 min of use)– 1080p Youtube fullscreen in Chrome, Better Battery Mode, screen at 70%, Wi-Fi ON, screen set to 60Hz; NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 30 Series Laptop GPUs power the world's fastest laptops for gamers and creators. They're built with Ampere—NVIDIA's 2nd gen RTX architecture– to give you the most realistic ray-traced graphics and cutting-edge AI features like NVIDIA DLSS. New Max-Q technologies utilize AI to enable thin, high performance laptops that are faster and better than ever.Despite its heft and four large vents—plus a sizable vent area on its bottom—the Legion 5 Pro requires active and loud fans to stay cool when engaged in heavy graphics lifting. The laptop is fairly quiet during routine Windows work, but the fans crank up when running 3D games and media editing apps. It's no louder than competing gaming laptops, but I'd hoped that it wouldn't need to spin its fans at max RPM as frequently as it did, considering that Lenovo didn't try to squeeze the system into a svelte, Razer-like chassis. (Photo: Molly Flores) There are no obvious panels to allow hardware upgrades. To access the replaceable components you have to remove the base of the case. More on that later. To get the most out of the battery life, you need to enable Optimus. This is done in the Vantage software by enabling Hybrid mode. This switches the MUX to port the signal through the iGPU in the CPU. Speed meets endurance when you play with a gaming laptop powered by AMD Ryzen™ processors. Seize the pure performance you need to win, without compromising battery life. Battery:These systems do not support batteries that are not genuine Lenovo-made or authorized. Systems will continue to boot, but may not charge unauthorized batteries. Attention: Lenovo has no responsibility for the performance or safety of unauthorized batteries, and provides no warranties for failures or damage arising out of their use. Battery life (and recharge times) will vary based on many factors, including system settings and usage.

The screen is ok on this model. It’s bright enough and has decent contrast. The viewing angles are also good, although there is a little bit of light shift when you hit the moderate angles. It’s not distracting at all when looking at it head-on.Next is Maxon's CPU-crunching Cinebench R15 test, which is fully threaded to make use of all available processor cores and threads. Cinebench stresses the CPU rather than the GPU to render a complex image. The result is a proprietary score indicating a PC's suitability for processor-intensive workloads. No coil whine that I can hear. There is a whine that seems to be from the fans. I only noticed it yesterday so I wonder why. I made two changes in a short time so it could be either the firmware update or me opening up the base shifted something. Maybe it was always there and I didn't notice. Now I've noticed I'm fixated on it. When the laptop is idle I wish it was a quieter, but when the fans are running under load that is normal noise. I then took some synthetic benchmarks at the three different settings in Lenovo Vantage, all with the MUX set on dGPU. First was in Performance mode: To the right we see the wireless module and the included SSD. This also has thermal pad applied for more cooling. The maximum volume is a little below average for my taste. I could only get it to reach 70dB, but only after tweaking Nahimic. In performance mode, the fans really start to overwhelm the speakers at full volume.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment