276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Casio Collection Mens Analogue Quartz Watch

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Spend a bit more than the Casio MDV106 price tag and you enter the world of amazing affordable automatic dive watches. It does have one safety benefit over sapphire, however, as a mineral crystal will not break and shatter like the glass of a sapphire crystal might, if under extreme stress, making it less dangerous in the case of a breakage

I’m glad to have a watch like the Casio MDV106 in my collection, as I know it’s one I can always grab and wear, on just about any strap, and not have to worry about it. Even in my collection full of mechanical watches that I LOVE, I still find myself grabbing the Casio MDV106 from time to time, due to the simplicity and convenience of having a quartz watch. This makes it a great “grab and goes” watch for when you just don’t have time to wind and set the time on a mechanical. Dimensions and Comfort Dimensions The contrast of brushed surfaces on top of the case and lugs against the polished sides gives the watch a good visual appeal, however, neither the brushing nor polishing are done amazingly well… Then again, watches at this price point rarely ever are.Synthetic resin is the ideal material for wrist straps thanks to its extremely durable and flexible properties. They’re waterproof, and typically all brushed, hiding scratches very well. With a sports watch like the MDV106, you might wear it doing any number of physical activities, so having that extra bit of scratch resistance is always a good thing. Bill Gates’ Watch The Casio MDV106B is simply a blue dial variant to the MDV106 with literally everything else on the watch exactly the same. Great for those of you who like the MDV106 but also… Like blue. Citizen Promaster The screw connection on the base of the housing optimally protects the inner workings of the watch and simultaneously provides easy access, when changing the battery for example.

The Amphibia also has 200m water resistance, and although it does cost a wee bit more than the MDV106, it’s also an automatic watch, which typically comes with additional cost. (And is so worth it, in my opinion). The Casio MDV106 is an extremely simple and clean design, with a monochromatic color scheme. This makes it perfect for pairing with just about any watch strap of your choosing. It has markings in increments of 5, and 10, as well as a lume pip that, once charged up, illuminates in the dark, helping with orientation. Technical amendments and errors excepted. The sizes in figures do not correspond to the original sizes.But for an everyday watch, I do tend to prefer sapphire crystals for the added scratch resistance. Unfortunately, some corners need to be cut for watches in this price range, and the crystal is often one of the first cost-cutting corners they go with. Movement

The mineral crystal on the MDV106 certainly isn’t as scratch-resistant as a sapphire crystal would be. A few upgrades you’ll see in the Orient Kamasu over the Casio MDV106 is the addition of a sapphire crystal, stainless steel oyster bracelet, and a mechanical movement, all while maintaining the impressive 200m water-resistance of the Casio MDV106. The rubber strap included with the Duro is nothing to write home about. It’s certainly wearable, and waterproof, but isn’t all that comfortable to wear for long periods of time, especially in warmer weather.If you want to keep it REALLY affordable, the Invicta Pro Diver is simply one of the cheapest automatic dive watches you can get. Overall, this is a really solid dive bezel that feels mechanically sound and surprisingly satisfying to use. Surprising Sunburst Dial It is a great pleasure to see the continuation of watch development in the model range of simple but excellent products under the MDV name. The MDV-107 series can hardly be called a new product because it is, in fact, a copy of the famous Duro Marlin MDV-106, but with minimal differences.

Whichever strap you choose, just be sure to get one with a 22mm width, as that’s the lug width of the MDV. With white lumed arrow hands that span past the center in either direction and are beveled on the end to catch and reflect light, these are a surprisingly great choice for such a cheap watch.The MDV-107 differs from its family member [MDV-106] by having a colored bezel [or more color variations] and NOT having the Marlin logo. While the presence of the new red and blue color of the bezel is a joy, the absence of the marlin is a bit embarrassing. Invicta Pro Diver 8928OB is a slightly more expensive upgrade that adds an automatic movement over the Casio MDV106 Bevels and chamfers reflect light and add a bit of bling, and when done well, can make a watch appear a bit more expensive than it is, as long as they don’t go overboard. The movement itself is extremely accurate like many quartz movements are. They’re almost always more accurate than their mechanical watch counterparts, and they have the added benefit of not having to constantly be wound like you would a mechanical watch. What I can’t help mentioning is the presence of a second hand. It makes the spectacle more impressive. The watch is very pleasing to the eye, fits nicely on the wrist, is a bit heavy, but very comfortable. It will work for 3 years with the original battery.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment