276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Coronation of Their Majesties King Charles III and Queen Camilla

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Fanfares will be played by The State Trumpeters of the Household Cavalry and The Fanfare Trumpeters of the Royal Air Force. Conductor Sir John Eliot Gardiner led The Monteverdi Choir and English Baroque soloists in a pre-service programme of choral music. The six orchestral commissions, five choral commissions and one organ commission have been written by world-renowned British composers.

Coronation album: Official recording of ceremony words and

You could feel the sense of expectation. It was really happening right here, on an altar full of candlelight, prayers and a glow of gold. The abbey was like being inside a jewel box. In tribute to his late father Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, at the King’s own request the Byzantine Chant Ensemble performed Greek Orthodox music during the service. Opera buffs can look forward to Italian opera star Andrea Bocelli in a duet with Welsh bass-baritone Sir Bryn Terfel. Singer songwriter Freya Ridings is performing a duet with Alexis Ffrench, a composer and pianist who combines classical music with soul. Thousands of people joined the celebrations in London, lining the streets to catch a glimpse of the new King and QueenIt’s the first time a ceremony like this has been recorded in surround-sound. It gives you a real sense of being in that space.” Described as an “incredibly three-dimensional experience sonically” by the multi-Grammy-nominated album producer Anna Barry, this is also the first time an event of this magnitude has been recorded in high definition surround sound, with the size of the building and the music performed lending itself perfectly to an immersive listening experience.

Coronation Music at Westminster Abbey | The Royal Family Coronation Music at Westminster Abbey | The Royal Family

Two pieces of organ music take us to the fanfare by The State Trumpeters of the Household Calvary before Charles Hubert Parry’s noble anthem, I Was Glad, composed for the Coronation of King Edward VII in 1902, and also heard at the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II in 1953. The service then continues, from the Recognition through readings and prayers to the Crowning itself, all interspersed with choral works ancient and modern, many specially commissioned for the occasion. Composers include Paul Mealor, Tarik O’Regan, Roxanna Panufnik, Debbie Wiseman and Andrew Lloyd Webber.The orchestra was put together just for the coronation ceremony.Some of the musicians are from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. Renowned soloists will play;several choirs, including a gospel choir, will perform, too. There will be Greek Orthodox music in honor of Charles' late father, Prince Philip, who was in younger years a member of the Greek Orthodox Church. There is no doubt that the coronation ceremony in London's Westminster Abbeywill be a solemn affair, with music befitting the occasion. Pop band Take That will take the stage in its current trio lineup, but there are rumors that Jason Orange might not want to miss out on joining his old band to sing for the newly crowned royal couple. Robbie Williams made it clear earlier this year he would not participate. Take That is set to perform for the King and Queen Image: Isabel Infantes/empics/picture alliance

Coronation album will be recorded live and released the same Coronation album will be recorded live and released the same

The service concludes with a selection of music including Elgar’s rousing Pomp and Circumstance March No. 4 and works by Parry and Byrd, performed by the Coronation Orchestra and organist Peter Holder. Physical versions of the album, featuring the entire service and all new commissions, will be available in stores globally from May 15, with a special deluxe collector's CD and vinyl following later in the year. Sir John Eliot Gardiner will conduct The Monteverdi Choir and English Baroque soloists in a pre-Service programme of choral music. A small group of singers from The Monteverdi Choir will also join the main choral forces for the Service. The ceremony will feature a range of musical styles and performers, blending tradition, heritage and ceremony with the new musical voices of today to reflect the King's life-long support of music and the arts. I am deeply honoured to have been chosen by His Majesty to participate in the musical presentations that will embrace the historic occasion of his Coronation. His Majesty has chosen a most beautiful and varied programme that I believe will enhance the splendour of this very special celebration. Andrew Lloyd Webber (Composer) said:Music by Purcell and Gibbons, both organists at Westminster Abbey, and Latin rites from Tallis and his pupil Byrd – a Catholic who served under the Protestant Queen Elizabeth I – are reminders of where we’ve come from, with King Charles declaring ‘I am a faithful Protestant’ and, for the first time at a coronation, pledging to serve every faith and belief. His words are all captured here.

Album review: ‘The Coronation of Their Majesties King Charles

I am incredibly honoured to have been asked to compose a new anthem for The Coronation. My anthem includes words slightly adapted from Psalm 98. I have scored it for the Westminster Abbey choir and organ, the ceremonial brass and orchestra. I hope my anthem reflects this joyful occasion. Shirley J. Thompson (Composer) said:Westminster Abbey Choir / Andrew Nethsingha; Coronation Choir and Orchestra / Sir Antonio Pappano and others

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment