276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Quiet at the End of the World: TikTok made me buy it!

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The blog is here to share our love of books and the bookish world, alongside our other passions in life.

Hugely thrilled that both The Quiet at the End of the World and The Starlight Watchmaker have been shortlisted for the2020 STEAM Children’s Book Prize, celebrating science in fiction!

The Quiet at the End of the World has more twists than a bowl of spaghetti with one major turn that changes the whole course of the novel. There is also the underlying theme of acceptance and love and family; of what even as humans or robots - what lasting impression do we want to leave for our off-spring - what do we want to be remembered by - what legacy will you leave for future generations and civilizations to know of your existence? I read Station Elevena few years ago, and really came away from that novel with a sense of just how much there still is to live forwhen you’ve lost everything. I absolutely loved the descriptions of the manor house she lives in with all its secret passages and sumptuous library – a bibliophile’s paradise. Here is a quick description and cover image of book The Quiet at the End of the World written by Lauren James which was published in 2019-3-7.

Through Maya’s tweets or social media posts, we not only develop a relationship with Maya and her life, but also Lowrie’s thoughts. In addition, it was about how far the human race would go to fulfill their need for children not just to save their race but also to experience parenthood. It is up to the two teenagers to find out why and save them before they are left completely alone with no hope of a cure. Lauren James has injected this SF form with emotion and diversity to create a memorable story for our times. John Mandel) and formulaic, which when you think about it, is rather ironic given how ruinously messy and cataclysmic the end of all things would be.As I mentioned I loved seeing how they dealt with the imminent doom of the planet, and their actions were always believable of their character. But the questions begin to really fly when he discovers bodies out there, some that haven’t been dead for long. Please help to demonstrate the notability of the topic by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond a mere trivial mention. Following her old posts, Lowrie learns all about the past, when the virus hit and its symptoms plus what happened to the world afterward and also Maya’s personal life.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment