276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Little Eve

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

besides the fact that none of the characters were particular standouts, i got so lost in tedious descriptions of the minutiae of their lives that each chapter blurred into the next without much of an emotional impact left on me.

When Eve is forced into the world beyond the Isle her faith and love are tested by unexpected friendships that make her question everything. Led by John, aka 'Uncle', the group on Altnaharra also includes two women, Alice and Nora, and two more orphan children, Abel and Elizabeth. Yet as Eve's story of the years leading up the massacre intertwines with Dinah's account of the aftermath, a darker, stranger truth begins to emerge. But there is one survivor, Dinah, who points the finger of blame at fellow cult member Evelyn as the killer. But psych the cosmic-horror tropes I was expecting, given that this is a story about a cult whose organizing principle is the end of the world, "cleansed" by sea-serpent, were absent.There are so many heartbreaking moments in this story, I found it to be sad and depressing more than hopeful, although there are glimpses of happiness. Inside this commune, Uncle oversees the lives of two adult women, two young teenage girls, and two children.

If you've read any of Ward's previous books, you know what to expect- confusion and unease almost throughout the entire novel. Rather, it strongly resembles Jess Richards' Snake Ropes – the two share similarly isolated settings off the coast of Scotland, an idiosyncratic 'religion' observed only by those on the island, and a story told mainly from the viewpoints of two young women. Un grupo de gente formada por un hombre al que llaman "tío", dos mujeres y varios niños viven aislados en una fortaleza en ruinas frente a las costas de Escocia cuyo acceso depende de las mareas.CATRIONA WARD was born in Washington, DC and grew up in the United States, Kenya, Madagascar, Yemen, and Morocco. I really enjoyed this, it's one of those books you get completely caught up in, my second by Catriona Ward, now I really need to read her first novel, Rawblood.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment