276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Snacksters XL Doner Kebab, 172g (Frozen)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At around 15 syns for 100g, you might be confused as to why kebab meatis so unhealthy for just meat, using your whole daily syn allowance. After that some assembly is required as we take our microwaved bread and meat out and arrange them together before the final one minute and 20 seconds of cooking time. While all this is happening our chilli and garlic sauces are defrosting in the cup of warm water.

Heat your oven to gas mark 4 then cover with foil and bake for about an hour and a half. Remove from the oven, allow to cool then thinly slice. Start by heating a pan and frying off your onion for up to ten minutes until it becomes soft, move the onion to a blender then add in the beef, egg, garlic, herbs and spices. Season the mixture and pat it down into a loaf tin, chill for up to 4 hours. Never in all of my 29 years on this planet have I wondered 'what does that frozen kebab taste like'. If I'm honest it wasn't a food I thought could be frozen but we're making ever increasing leaps as a species with each passing day. If you find kebab meat to be too high in syns, you could always try making your own at home with some lean beef mince instead. This is because kebab meat is usually made from the fatty part of lamb and beef, not the lean mince, increasing the syn value. For example, 100g of kebab meat could have up to 40g of fat and above depending on the cut of the meat. Syn Values Of Different Kebab MeatKebab meat has different kinds of syns according to the type of meat and marination used on it, for doner kebab meat which is made out of lamb and beef you can expect it to have up to 15 syns for 100g as the meat only. For reasons of hygiene and safety, personal grooming products, cosmetics or items of intimate clothing cannot be returned. The garlic and chilli sauces were actually quite tasty (despite getting quite warm due to my negligent cooking) and the overall effect wasn't too far from eating the real thing. The one aspect that lets it down is the size, when I see XL on the box I'm expecting a fair bit of food but that isn't the case here. I have absolutely no respect for my health or the longevity of my internal organs so agreed to pit a microwave frozen kebab against the real deal.

In our short guide below we've discussed in more detail why kebab meat is so high in syns, some syn values of different kebabs as well as a recipe for making your own slimming world-friendly kebab meat at home. Why Is Kebab Meat So High In Syns? Unwanted Food or Drink Products - Once supply conditions are broken, there are a number of factors outside of our control that can affect the quality of a product. Therefore perishable goods such as food and drink cannot be returned. When pitting the microwave kebab against the real deal, I didn't think it would be fair to go to anywhere that is labelled the 'best in Hull' or similar. However I do have certain standards so I opted to pop in to Anlaby Square Pizza on my route home. The Doner is the granddaddy of British kebab fare, when you talk about a kebab it is the Doner that will usually come to mind. Often made with questionable meat, it is the end of the night meal that everyone is just a little bit worried about eating the morning after.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment