276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Andrew James Stand Mixer Electric Food Mixer with Large 5.5 Litre Bowl | Includes Beaters for Baking Plus Dough Hook & Balloon Whisk | Removable Splash Guard | 6 Speed Settings | 800W | Silver

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

there was an odd smell the first couple of times I used it as the oil burned off but its been no trouble at all

Andrew James AJ000195 Electric 1300 Watt Food Stand Mixer in Andrew James AJ000195 Electric 1300 Watt Food Stand Mixer in

Some say it is noisy but when I tested against other 7 litre mixers I found it to be about the same. Remember a 7 litre mixer is a serious bit of kitchen kit. The super powerful 1,500 watt motor is ideal for making all kinds of dough for bread and pizzas, so you'll never have to knead by hand again! Since I got the mixer at the beginning of 2013, I've used it at least once every fortnight to make bread dough and it always yields perfect results. Thanks to the strong motor, the mixer can handle extremely heavy, tough doughs - saving you hours and hours of kneading-related arm-ache! And since I'm not planning on getting married any time soon, I couldn't just add the machine onto my wedding list and therefore accepted the fact that I was never to be the proud owner of a fancy mixer. That's how you guys all got your KitchenAids, right? Added them onto your wedding list? I really can't see any other way of getting one because I'm certainly not prepared to fork out that kind of cash unless my life depends on it. Not that I'm tight or anything, but....yeah, I am. As a chef and food writer I often get asked to review kitchen equipment, most of which I turn down due my schedule. I was asked however to review the 7 litre stand food mixer about 17 months ago. The negative points are very minimal. The main downfall is the noise - it does make quite a bit of noise when you have it set above the third power setting, but in comparison to the previous mixers I've owned, it makes about as much noise as any other.

Manage your cookies

Superdrug adds new 'VIP Rewards' offers to its existing loyalty scheme – here's what you need to know I have used the mixer for the last 16 months to make bread, cakes, pastry, mousses, batters, souffles, ice creams and more and have found it to be a very good mixer, especially for the price. I am very careful what I say in a review because I want my word and opinion to count for something. the bowl is not as big as the andrew james one was - but it does mix to the edges..and the dough hook actually mixes the dough rather than takes it on a tour of the bowl....also .in the spirit of "if i'm going to break it i'd better do it straight away" I made over a kilo of bread dough....and it survived..(a kilo is obviously too much for the bowl size by the way) How are you finding your Puregadgets Mixer? I have been toying with the idea of buying one for a few weeks but scare to take the leap incase its not as good as it looks.

Andrew James - Andrew James is an award winning company

If you've got a Marcus easy-access savings account or cash ISA, you can easily boost your interest rate to 4.75% – here's how.I originally wrote this post over a year ago shortly after I got my hands on this wonderful machine. But since I use it every single week without fail, I thought it was only right that I re-visit this post and add to it, telling you guys how much I still love and value this mixer with all my heart. The Overview

Andrew James spare parts | TDSpares Andrew James spare parts | TDSpares

Beauty Advent calendars are significantly pricier than chocolate ones, but they've become increasingly popular in the last few years as a way of bagging beauty products at a fraction of the normal cost. They often sell out early, but can also be heavily discounted later if they don't, so here's a round-up of some of the best I’ve seen. If you're a regular Superdrug shopper, you can now earn more freebies and discounts under its Health & Beautycard loyalty scheme, as the retailer has launched new 'VIP Rewards' as part of it. The removable splash guard is something I'm extremely thankful for practically every single time I use this mixer. Many mixers don't automatically come with a splash guard and require you to buy one separately if you want it - not with the Andrew James Stand Mixer! I can't even begin to imagine how many times this splash guard has saved me from covering myself in bright red velvet cake batter, dry flour and milk. And because it's removable, the splash guard is super-simple to clean. The Andrew James Food Mixer AJ000194 is a low priced stand mixer which on paper seems to do everything the pricier models do. It's available in four vibrant colours to match other appliances in the range and has a large 5.2 litre stainless steel bowl and standard range of attachments. Our tests found that this reasonably priced mixer delivered good results for many tasks, but isn't good at whisking. Overall, though, it's a good mixer at a great price.

The Summary

Loud - this product has been scientifically assessed and found to be louder than most in this category. Not everyone will want a mixer this big but if you do a lot of baking it's a great piece of kit for the money.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment