276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Flowers of Buffoonery

£5.75£11.50Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

What part of what you see here is carefree? If only you could understand the sadness of the ones who grow the delicate flowers of buffoonery, protecting them from but the slightest gust of wind and always on the verge of despair!”

The Flowers of Buffoonery - The Free Library of Philadelphia The Flowers of Buffoonery - The Free Library of Philadelphia

What I despise about Dazai is that he exposes precisely those things in myself that I most want to hide. Dazai, Osamu (2017). 小丑之花[ Flowers of Buffoonery] (in Chinese). Translated by Liu, Tzu-Chien. Sichuan Literature & Art Publishing House. ISBN 9787541146183.

This novella was written thirteen years before Dazai's most famous novel, No Longer Human. And just like in No Longer Human, The Flowers of Buffoonery tells the story of Yozo Oba caught up in his dark sense of reality and humour. Blurring the line between fact and fiction, the reader can see the early development of Dazai as a writer of the Japanese I Novel literary movement. Characterized by aspects of society and the self while sometimes alternating between first and third-person narration, Dazai was an ambitiously creative writer, while also being self-deprecating sometimes to a fault. This is one of the stories foreign fans of Dazai have desperately wanted to be translated. It is the story that Dazai submitted on his first attempt to win the Akutagawa Prize in 1935 and one of the stories included in Dazai’s first collection The Final Years, published in 1936.

The Flowers of Buffoonery by Osamu Dazai | Goodreads The Flowers of Buffoonery by Osamu Dazai | Goodreads

Dazai, Osamu (2004). Избранные произведения[ Selected Works] (in Russian). Translated by Sokolova-Delyusina, Tatiana. St. Petersburg: Hyperion Publishing House. ISBN 5893320972. Handwriting Samples: https://bsd-bibliophile.tumblr.com/post/163219236805/dazais-school-notebook-with-his-handwriting-and I cannot love a woman without smothering her with commentary. Proof that if a man is dumb enough, he can do harm without lifting a finger.Dazai, Osamu (1997). Mes dernieres annees[ My Last Years] (in French). Translated by Brunet, Juliette; Brunet, Yuko. Librairie Artheme Fayard. ISBN 2213599130.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment