276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Book of Stones: Who They Are and What They Teach

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

An epic saga set initially in a mission hospital in Ethiopia. Twins are born to an Indian nun and a British doctor. The nun who has become the doctor's assistant in the operating theatre dies in childbirth; the doctor, overcome with grief, flees the country overnight. No one knew she was pregnant; no one is even sure the doctor is the father of the twins. The twins are adopted by the other two surgeons at the hospital. Ghosh has always been in love with Hema but she has always made fun of his feelings. It's a compelling premise to begin a novel with and I did love the first half of this novel. But the longer it went on the more my love faded. There were too many lengthy descriptions of surgical procedures for me, some of which served no purpose except to allow the author to show off his knowledge.

Anderson, Basil W. (1990) Gem Testing. Rev. by E. A. Jobbins. Butterworth, London. ISBN: 0-408-02320-1 This is a nuanced and rewarding read combining so many different threads, suitable for mature readers in upper KS2. The good news is - this early edition of Cutting for Stone is exactly that rare gem I was hoping to find! Yes, all the descriptions of diseases and surgeries, and the handy medical mneumonics were like music to my ears. Really. Reading Verghese's Cutting for Stone reminded me of the conversations that I tend to have with my friends in the medical field - they inevitably will deteriorate into the full-on medical jargon-fest. And they will become hard (and boring) to follow for the 'outsiders'. And I love it in a strange way. Insanity, like I said.Everyday Crystal Rituals is a must-have for crystal lovers, healers, and those who are interested in crystals. There are 50 crystal profiles that feature images in this book, so you’ll get a good idea of what the main crystals are and what they are used for. Read on to discover my list of the 8 best crystal books for beginners, plus a couple of extras for those who want more! If you want to know more about what crystals are great for beginners, the books included in our best books about crystals list will offer you more guidance. Do you need to charge a crystal before you use it? The twin’s mother dies in childbirth and their father abandons them minutes later. They are raised in a missionary medical hospital in Ethiopia. As they grow up they are forced to face their past and futures re-defining the meanings of destiny, love and family.

If you want to discover a more modern approach to crystal healing, then this book is for you. It was written by the talented Yulia Van Doren, a pioneer in the modern holistic wellness movement. Sunagawa, Ichiro (2005) Crystals: Growth, Morphology and Perfection. Cambridge University Press, England. ISBN: 0521841895 This book did not do it either, thank goodness, but I was holding my breath! With the intensity and detail the characters' lives, especially those of the twins, were initially colored in with Latin so lavishly splashed all over it, anything was possible! And everything pointed to a great love story in the making after all!I rarely DNF books but it's a chore listening to this audiobook. The blurb says that the main character is betrayed by his brother. NO BETRAYAL YET. We had 6 hours of a story about people before he was born. Who writes these blurbs?? It’s as bad as the movie trailers that spoil everything. BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING so far so what can they summarize? Not much at all. Getting a book about crystals is definitely one of the best ways to learn how gemstones can enhance your life and the different ways you can work with them. I also felt the author made a miscalculation regarding his two central male characters. Did they both need to be so emotionally immature, unless he was putting forward the theory that surgeons hone their professional skills at the expense of emotional development. The sexual idealism and self-pity of the narrator grated on me. He's still sulking about an adolescent sexual betrayal well into his adult years. His father's behaviour is no less incomprehensible at key moments in the novel's plot. One exchange between Marion and his NYC Chief Resident had me grinning from ear to ear. Early on in his internship Marion asks, "where are all the other doctors?"

In this book, you’ll find descriptions of crystals and their healing properties, crystal remedies for the mind, heart, and soul, and also meditations and mantras. This beautifully illustrated book is quite recent. It’s a modern book that would be the perfect gift for any crystal lover and it’s great for beginners.

How to Vote

All that being said, I wish I'd thought of that when talking with this soft spoken, gentle man, and had been able to relay to him that the journey he was taking me on was so wonderful, I didn't care if I ever reached the destination. It is a vibrant, living story peopled with individuals to care about, sensual writing with more than a dash of humor and a frisson of suspense.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment