276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Transformers Toys Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise Voyager WFC-E9 Starscream Action Figure – Children Aged 8 and Up, 17.5-cm

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The new head sculpt is a bit taller and more smooth in detailing than Siege Megatron's. The "helmet" section especially is much more curved and the brow section above the eyes is much less prominent. Of the two head sculpts I prefer this one as it looks more like the G1 animation head design. At least one copy features a factory misassembled figure with a newly tooled head sculpt [3] (with his expression being based on him being disintegrated by Galvatron in The Transformers: The Movie) which was meant for Skywarp. The scheming Decepticon air commander, Starscream, converts into classic G1 jet mode in 30 steps and comes with 2 weapon accessories. Off model alt mode (it's like the Tetrajet and Battlestar Galactica Viper had a baby and it was the most generic spaceplane ever) Alluding to the Beast Wars episode " Possession", Starscream is partnered with Waspinator, who can transform into a wasp, a robot with 3 mm-compatible hands, and a gun with 5mm handle. He has an autotransformation feature that folds up his wings when his gun barrel is extended.

The figure is reported to suffer from heavy quality control issues, most commonly mentioned are the joints and hinges being incredibly weak. As a result, Starscream's wings are difficult to keep in place in robot mode. The elbows, which previously snapped into place when articulated, now slide freely, and the entire hip joint system can be shifted out of alignment. A word of warning: the peg on the sword accessory is attached to the sword piece by a small hinge. It is not pinned in. Instead it relies on raised nubs on either side to hold it in place on the sword piece. However, the 5mm ports on the forearms of my copy are so tight than when I attached the sword to either forearm the sword popped off leaving the peg in place. I had to use pliers to get the peg out so be warned.The Italian release of Skywarp (as "Corvo") by GiG put him in a generic "Distructor Planes" box, featuring names and tech specs for all three planes in the assortment. The Italian release of Starscream (as "Astrum") by GiG put him in a generic "Distructor Planes" box, featuring names and tech specs for all three planes in the assortment. This toy is gang-molded with the other three Basic molds in the line. Specifically, his head and inner robot parts share plastic with Hubcap, and his jet parts share plastic with Mirage, plus he shares the pearlescent-gray canopy plastic with, well, everyone.

War For Cybertron: Earthrise is a subline imprint of the Generations toyline, and the second portion of the War for Cybertron Trilogy. Subsequent reissues had more distinctive presentation, and this article strives to list each one under its own header. The long lifespan of his toy actually began in 1986, when Starscream remained part of the assortment for that year despite the departure of nearly every other 1984 toy from store shelves. When I began to transform my copy of this figure I realized that the right hand did not form properly when this figure came off the assembly line. On my copy of Megatron there is extra plastic on the hinge, so when I try to push Megatron's fist into the forearm it will not go all the way. This does not hamper the transformation overall, but it is a very unfortunate quality control issue. The box features new art of Skywarp with Earthrise inspired detailing in robot and vehicle mode laid over a scene of Autobot City. As part of the fourth wave of TakaraTomy's Premium Finish subline, Starscream is a detailed redeco of the Siege mold, featuring a slightly darker gray plastic, and more paint applications that represent his appearance in Transformers: War for Cybertron: Siege and with the same weapons as the aforementioned mold.Both this release and all subsequent releases of the mold have a missing molded panel-line detail on the right wing hinge that is supposed to curve in towards the body of the jet. The reason for this missing detail is likely due to it missing from the metal mold itself.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment