276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rocky Mountain Goods Jimmy Proof Lock Deadbolt Lock with Keys - Heavy Duty Safety deadbolt - Easy install - Double Cylinder Locking Deadbolt - Shutter guard prevents forced entry

£17.465£34.93Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jimmy will probably be best remembered as the senior engineer on the ‘Three Tenors Concert’ and the internationally acclaimed recording of Puccini’s Turandot with Joan Sutherland and Luciano Pavarotti. However, he was also frequently involved in the setting up of new recording venues: Chicago, Montreal and Vienna (where Decca had to move from its long-established residence in the Sofiensaal to the Konzerthaus), to name but a few. The quest to find a good recording space for the Montreal Symphony Orchestra took them to no fewer than 40 locations before settling on St Eustache. Sometimes a few tiny adjustments are all that’s necessary; if you cannot set any driver pins after a few minor tweaks then either too much or too little tension is being applied. Additionally, if you’re having trouble with one pin in particular then increasing or decreasing tension may help depending on your progress thus far.

How to Jimmy a Door Lock - Security Wick

I’m not an expert on tax accounting, but I think if the prime minister of the country where you live has broken off from the G20 in Mexico to talk about your personal tax affairs and called you out and named you, that might be a problem.” This article was amended on 1 October 2021. Some text was changed to be consistent with our editorial guidelines on references to disability.

Surely he must have allowed himself a wry smile during Cameron’s recent lobbying scandal with Greensill? “No, I don’t wish him any ill at all,” he says, before adding some advice that could come straight from his own book. “I think it’s that thing of letting go. If you’re bitter and angry, it’s best to let go.” Carr is an engaging presence – friendly, enthusiastic, happy to answer uncomfortable questions, albeit with an unnervingly intense stare at times. He seems a little dejected when I tell him I was more interested in the memoir sections of the book. But he rarely gives much of himself away, so it’s interesting to read such personal material. The book covers most of his life, from growing up in Slough and going to university at Cambridge to meeting his partner of 20 years, the TV producer Karoline Copping, and hosting shows such as 8 Out of 10 Cats. He may not think his showbiz stories are particularly interesting, but I loved hearing about his friendship with Stephen Hawking, whom he would take out for a curry and a musical. Away from the sound-recording world Jimmy enjoyed fishing and gardening. As a talented engineer he will be missed and as a fun human being he will be hard to replace.

James Lock 1939-2009 - The Classical Source

He says the uproar was far worse than anything he has faced over offensive jokes. Even the then prime minister, David Cameron, got involved. I think if you have a friend that’s tetraplegic you have to be quite chatty, because obviously the typing takes him so long,” he says, in a remark that feels like one of his jokes, but isn’t. “We’d do shots together sometimes too. His care team said tequila would be too much so he’d be on the Cointreau.” He laughs: “Is this making me sound like an incel elder? I did have opportunities but I was bad at reading the signs and I would friend-zone people. A lot of girls I was very, very close to growing up, we had incredibly intimate relationships, but we didn’t have a physical relationship and it was lovely …”

I wonder if all this talk of wubbwubb has softened his act. “No. I’ve been writing new stuff and it’s brutal. My sense of humour doesn’t change.” He seems to mean it, too. It may not have been for me, but if the book helps anyone else reach the same level of contentment as Carr seems to have, maybe he’s on to something. jemmy* or *jimmy* is a burglar's small crowbar; in the British Empire, both forms are used, in the U.S.A. only the latter. But 'the States' also has the verb _jimmy_, 'to open (esp. a door) with such a crowbar'. Whether _jemmy_ or _jimmy_, noun or verb, these terms originally belonged to the language of the underworld; they are still slang. / From the pet-form of _James_; cf. the remarks at *billy*. Carr opens up admirably in the book about his mental health, his problem drinking and the grief he experienced when his mother died in 2001, just as his comedy career was beginning. “I found the book incredibly cathartic to write,” he says. “Especially about my mother. There’s that lovely phrase, that you die twice – once when you die, and again the last time someone says your name. So I loved that thing of being able to talk about my mum.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment