276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For instance: is there any difference between describing yourself as a highly sensitive person or an HSP? In February, the Telegraph revealed that Penguin had employed “sensitivity readers” to remove offensive words from Roald Dahl books, sparking a huge backlash.

Male HSPs who are intent on taking action to improve their lives despite their high sensitivity should read this book. Graham illustrate this trait in a beautiful way for younger people, something which we strive to do here at High Sensitives. There are various resources that can help you learn more about your advantages and obstacles; books, in particular, can provide a wealth of knowledge and insight into these experiences. The 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION of the original ground-breaking book on high sensitivity with over 500,000 copies sold.Aron repeatedly quotes Carl Jung, an early psychotherapist and (according to her) a fellow HSP, to help with the HSP condition. These are books we have not personally read, but have heard good things about or read excerpts from —we hope you find them useful!

After mentioning once that I’m writing about this, my inbox is flooded with strangers sharing their experience. You get a wide spectrum of new ideas and strategies that other people have used, which you can implement and help you cope with different aspects of being an HSP. Granneman and Sólo’s first chapter sums it up: “You’re not broken or wrong, because you’re sensitive.If you find yourself reading this book and realizing you are more than likely a highly sensitive person, you'll begin to look at past events in your life with a new understanding, perhaps even realizing why you reacted to certain things and people the way you did. this is all about pure genetics and how our species (in fact how over 100 species on this planet) function. It also explores Eastern philosophy and spirituality and provides relaxation and meditation techniques.

Aron’s findings have been published in Counseling Today, Counseling and Human Development, Personality and Social Psychology Review, Brain and Behavior, Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience and the prestigious Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, as well as in chapters of various books such as The Handbook of Temperament.The distinction is a subtle one, and made all the more difficult to draw by the author's freshman approach to this sort of presentation. It's time to start rewarding our own strengths and appreciating ourselves and to stop trying to pretend we are the same as non-sensitive types despite all the pressure on us to conform to that ideal. I wish I had read these books when I was 18 and starting to feel a bit alienated from people, I think it would have saved me from a lot of heartache and also from a breakdown I had at that time due to living as if I wasn't highly sensitive. At the same time, reading this book makes you feel understood as an HSP because the author describes clearly how an HSP feels in a relationship.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment