276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Church of Cowards: A Wake-Up Call to Complacent Christians

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We all fall short, and we have all found ourselves staying silent, falling to the theology which worships the god of self. The gospel could transform our lives and our civilization again—if Christians would take it seriously. A Christian cannot simply sit in their house, read their Bible, and flagellate themselves because the world is not good enough for God. We modern Christians may claim that we are ‘in the world, not of it,’ but the truth is that most of us are both in and of it. We cannot expect to find happiness in heaven if we detest going to church, praying, and reading the Bible.

We do live in a time where being Catholic can sometimes become too comfortable, and I think it's important to remind ourselves of our identity as children of God first and forever and residents of Earth only for a short time compared to eternity. I certainly know that my life doesn’t revolve entirely around Christ at present, but the more important question I must face is this: Do I want it to? To adopt any part of the world’s view on the question of homosexual marriage or homosexual acts, you simply have to deny, implicitly or explicitly, the truth and authority of Christianity. I highly recommend this book for any Christians who want to grow their faith and work on what it truly means to follow Christ. This topic is so huge and underlines nearly every element of American life, so much so that if this book doesn't set you on a path of deepening your Christian Faith I don't know what will.The book becomes progressively more serious in tone, dark in nature, and (although this part is hard to see) hopeful in spirit as it explores the current state of Christianity in the west. Speaking of "who is that harming" he doesn't care that I drank too much and did hard drugs because I always went to work the next morning.

He tears down Christian media for not being very good; but then tears into secular media because it is pure evil.Then there are the super extreme statements like “the simple fact is that when a kid is sent to public school, he’s expected to navigate and survive and thrive in a hostile, confusing, amoral environment. Fierce, witty, moral and often profound, Matt is a voice Christians need to hear if they want to remember who they are and who they're supposed to be.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment