276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wave Classic Cruise SUP Package | Stand Up Inflatable Paddle Board | 6” Thick | Quality Paddle | All Accessories | 1 Year Warranty | Multiple sizes: Adults, Kids, 10ft 11ft

£32.995£65.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Below you’ll find our list of the top budget paddle boards with their descriptions and unique features. Although this board is called the ‘Tourer’, I wouldn’t recommend it for anyone who wants to do long-distance touring. Those who go paddleboarding often and with more experience will find this board a little basic.

Along with beginners, this board makes for a great all-round family board. The 11ft is big and stable enough for an adult and small kid to play on. There has to be some kind of pay off for a board that costs this cheap, and that comes in the form of the construction. The board has a single layer of PVC, which makes it incredibly light (8kg), but this means it can’t inflate to higher pressures. On the flip side JP knows that beginners need something durable that’s easy to use and easy on the wallet. So along with their performance boards, they have produced some gear for beginners that is actually some of the cheapest on the market. They offer an outstanding 3 year warranty (which is amazing for the price of the board), and on many UK Facebook paddleboarding groups the comments all say they have great customer support. These are some of the most important things I look for in independent brands, because it shows they are serious about having a proper functioning business and have confidence that what they are selling is good quality. SL stands for superlight, and coming in at just 8.4 kgs it’s the lightest board on this list and one of the lightest boards around. So if you’re small or struggle to carry your paddleboard to water, then the SL might just be the board for you.The Wave Tourer was tested in March in Chichester Harbour. The wind was around 10 – 12 knots cross-onshore, so it was relatively choppy but we found some flat spots too. Stability I’m sure paddle boards aren’t the easiest thing to make, and sometimes it does go wrong where the glue doesn’t set or there is a random fault with a component that the manufacturer has little control over. Hopefully, when you buy your board it’s perfect, but these things can happen so having a warranty gives you that peace of mind.

What mostly gives a board stability is its width. The wider the board, the more stable it is. Beginners want a board that feels secure underfoot, which helps with confidence in the early stages of starting this sport. However, a board that is too wide will stunt progression, feel sluggish and be less manoeuvrable. So, if you’re looking for a budget paddle board that you want to last for a very long, then the Tahe is 100% for you.The height adjusting clip was a little loose on mine, which meant the handle would spin around by itself. So before you head out, make sure this is tightened up. Their Cruise SUP is a great all round board, ideal for beginners and those who want to enjoy paddle boarding without spending money on all the accessories.

Construction is a key consideration, but usually an easily resolved one. The days of stand-up paddle boards being mainly solid fibreglass or expanded foam have long gone. If you have a campervan or live next to the water, then a solid construction will make sense, as these are almost indestructible and perform much better in the water. But if that's not the case (which it won't be for most), then you'll want one of the new breeds of inflatable SUPs. The boards can be made in all shapes, sizes and from different types of materials, which will affect durability and performance. We researched some of the best budget paddle boards this year for UK buyers looking for great value, without making a huge dent in the bank account. What’s great about Decathlon is you can guarantee their customer support will help you if something goes wrong with the board, which comes with a 2-year warranty. One final factor to consider is price. As with anything, you get what you pay for, and in our ranking, we've chosen beginner's paddle boards that range from the downright bargainous through to the spendy-but-tempting. Bear in mind that good quality, desirable beginner boards are always popular in the second-hand market, so buying well will pay dividends later in cash as well as enjoyment. How we test the best the best stand-up paddle boards for beginners I’ve chosen the Aquaplanet Pace because it’s a little bit different in terms of shape, which I really like. Whilst I’d still class it as a beginner board, it lends itself to better progression because the width is a bit narrower than most beginner boards. The pointer, narrower shape means the board will cut through the water and glide much better than rounded, wide boards.From the pump, to paddle and installing the fin, everything was super simple to use, even if you have never paddle boarded before.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment