276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cadbury Crunchie Spread with Crunchie Bites, 400g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The base is crunchy from digestive biscuits.The fillingis creamy, sweet, with a delicious marriage of chocolate and chunks of Crunchie that are dotted about inside. I started by melting the chocolate in a heatproof bowl in a microwave. I melt the chocolate in 20 second bursts stirring in between until it is completely melted. If you don’t have a microwave you could pop the chocolate into a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water. If you are melting the chocolate this way just ensure that the bowl containing your chocolate doesn’t touch the water. Finally break up the Crunchie bars and place them on top. Also chop up some more Crunchie bars and place them in the centre of the cake. For teaspoon (tsp) and tablespoon (tbsp) measurements, please use measuring spoons* and not the type of spoons you eat with. Again this will ensure accuracy and provide the best results. So yeah, to describe these cupcakes you have to say Cadbury’s quite a few times… but I’m not sorry. HELLO CADBURY’S CUPCAKES. Honestly, I question why I hadn’t done these sooner?! It’s mad! How could I have not done these sooner?!

This is one of my favorite chocolate from Cadbury. It is a crunchie golden honeycomb inside which is coated with their signature milk chocolate outside. I am glad that mine arrived whole and not crushed as this one is easily broken. We also have this in their spread version which is really good on toasted bread. Cut up your crunchies (these don’t need to be even and can be whatever size you fancy) and leave to one side.Perfect for kids parties - cut into little squares for a crunchy honeycomb and chocolate treat at parties. I have wanted to make a recipe based around Crunchies for such a long time, so I was so excited when I saw Lauren’s Tweet asking for guest bloggers and even more excited when she asked for this recipe. Before you start baking If you haven’t come across a crunchie bar before where have you been?! They are made by Cadbury’s are they are basically honeycomb wrapped in milk chocolate. They also have a crunchie spread which is chocolate spread with little honeycomb pieces in.

However, I wanted to elevate this Cake above the Cupcakes, so I used the Crunchie Spread you can now buy in supermarkets. I won’t lie, I had to buy several jars because I ‘tested’ the first to see if it was safe and all… and then the second was demolished soon after because its addictive and delicious. Imagine a cadburys version of Nutella, with crunchie bits. SO GOOD. So, I decided to have a delicious Chocolate Sponge (made with Light Brown Sugar to make it even more delicious) and then with the Honey Buttercream Frosting, and the Crunchie Spread.Line your baking tin - line your slice tin with baking paper to allow for easy removal once the slice has been chilled and is ready to be cut into pieces. For the decoration, I couldn’t help but use my trusty 2D closed star piping tip– it will always create my favourite swirl, and I will always be obsessed with it. You can use a 1M piping tips instead, or even a jumbo round piping tip to create lovely toppings though. Basically, using a good quality piping tip, that is big enough, will make your cupcakes look great. Use a knife to gently ‘score’ through the chocolate layer first. This involves gently cutting lines in the chocolate until you’ve cut through the entire chocolate layer. Make sure all your ingredients (particularly the butter and eggs) are at room temperature before you start baking.

Once your spread is lovely and soft. Pour it over the top of the spread it over the top of the brownies. I didn’t spread it right to the edges I left about 1cm around the edges of the brownies.Most popular with customers in Italy and France, but you can buy Cadbury Crunchie for delivery worldwide. Finally add in the chocolate chips and your chopped crunchies and fold through until they are evenly distributed. Sweetened condensed milk -choose full-fat sweetened condensed milk (not skim). I use Nestle brand, however any brand is fine. The amount of sweetened condensed milk you need will depend on the type/brand of biscuits you use. I recommend starting with 200g and add a little more if the mix is too dry and crumbly. If you take them out and they are cake like you baked them for too long but they should still be delicious.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment